Hypothetical

Green Crazy

I heard a rumor yesterday and although I think it has a 0% chance of happening I thought it was an interesting candidate and a fun name to kick around. So, without getting into the probability of it happening and just focusing on whether or not you think it would be good for the football program (ie, ticket sales, recognition, W's...)what do you think about....wait for it.... "Prime Time"? Yep, Deion Sanders. He is a huge name and would bring a lot of attention to the school/program, but I also think he brings quite a few cons as well.

Would you be happy with a hire like this? Or would you rather hire some OC/DC that might be the next big thing?

Let me hear from you America!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 16

I remember an interview about a year ago where Dion said he wanted to be a head coach. Then the interviewer asked Prime Time why he couldn't go the Mike Singletary route and start off as position coach and work his way up from there. Then there was dead air.

Sometimes all you need is a good recruiter (which i think he would be) and then get the right staff behind him...see Mack Brown. and no, i'm not comparing mack browns coaching resume to deion's, but mack doesn't do much down there in austin when it comes to x's and o's.

And yes, it is boring to talk about coaches that most have never heard of.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

Sometimes all you need is a good recruiter (which i think he would be) and then get the right staff behind him...see Mack Brown. and no, i'm not comparing mack browns coaching resume to deion's, but mack doesn't do much down there in austin when it comes to x's and o's.

And yes, it is boring to talk about coaches that most have never heard of.

And that is probably why we ended up with a Coach that everyone has heard of, and....what is our current record under this "name" coach? Who everyone thought would be a great recruiter?

Deion Sanders.....geeezz no wonder we get no respect from anyone.

• Downvote 1

And that is probably why we ended up with a Coach that everyone has heard of, and....what is our current record under this "name" coach? Who everyone thought would be a great recruiter?

Deion Sanders.....geeezz no wonder we get no respect from anyone.

sorry, maybe you misunderstood what i was getting at with this topic. i'm not suggesting we hire him, i just thought it was a interesting name to kick around, more fun than people we've never heard of and more realistic than leach or fran.

he'd be our isaiah thomas, he could defer his coaching salary and bring in top national recruits...probably could have got dez. ;)

Let's see:

We need a proven winner...he's never been a coach

We can't be sure he'd be a good recruiter

BUT...he does have a track record of giving bad advice to recruits and current players and getting them suspended by the NCAA. AWESOME!

As has already been stated, we need a coach with experience and proven. The only thing deion is, is a proven douche.

• Downvote 1

Let's see:

BUT...he does have a track record of giving bad advice to recruits and current players and getting them suspended by the NCAA. AWESOME!

As has already been stated, we need a coach with experience and proven. The only thing deion is, is a proven douche.

But does he know a damn thing about football ?

Let's see:

we haven't hired a proven winner in a while...what makes you think we'll do it this time.

What would TFLF say when he signed his son, who plays QB at FM Marcus, to play QB? His son has already played at TC-Cedar Hill, Cedar Hill before transferring to FM Marcus.

Edited by GreenBat