Darrell Dickey-Esque Crowd Late In The Game

Cr1028

I'm watching this disaster online and it seems the crowd is looking eerily similar to the crowds at the end of Dickey's tenure. This is not the showing you want to have on homecoming.

I can understand injuries affecting our caliber of athlete on the field, HOWEVER, it should NOT affect the discipline of the team. Peanalties start and end with the coaching staff. I'm sorry Mr. Mosley. I'm am very grateful for Micah coming to my alma mater but I can no longer stand behind a coaching staff that has this many penalties every week.

• Upvote 3

This has been my sentiment all along. Undisciplined penalties have nothing to do with injuries.

I was all ready to leave for the drive to Denton tonight with my kids. Then, my 10-year old said "Dad, I am tired of watching them make stupid penalties every week.". I asked my kids if they wanted to skip tonight and go out to dinner with mom. My kids looked at each other and said "Yeah".

I wonder how many similar conversations took place this afternoon around the DFW area. At some point, just like at the end of the Dickey era (also very undisciplined), it gets tough to sell the family on the drive to Denton.

The second half crows was the most apathetic I have seen in YEARS. It was pretty sickening. sick0021.gif The end of the game looked very much like the crowd at the end of a DD game towards the end of his tenure. I can't really blame them, though. It was just very depressing. I had to go to work tonight right after the game, and stopped myself from leaving before the end of the game and watched from the End Zone bleachers.

• Downvote 1

The second half crows was the most apathetic I have seen in YEARS. It was pretty sickening. sick0021.gif The end of the game looked very much like the crowd at the end of a DD game towards the end of his tenure. I can't really blame them, though. It was just very depressing. I had to go to work tonight right after the game, and stopped myself from leaving before the end of the game and watched from the End Zone bleachers.

About all there is to it, other than the loss of Atterberry for the season, which is extremely depressing.

just remember this moment MG fans. it is low but it is not forever. remember those empty stands and that empty feeling. No one in the Belt has emerged as the BYU of the Belt, so we don't have a monster climb with the right set of pieces in place:

stadium - check

awesome tailgating - check

good ooc games in the next few years - check

it is time to roll up the sleeves and get to work and get the Mean Green train back on the track!

GMG

• Upvote 2

That was the most disinterested crowd I had ever seen from start to finish. It was like an open casket funeral for a loved one put together by a team of people that knew nothing about the deceased and had little regard for the family grieving.

• Upvote 1