Homecoming Dilemma

UNT90

If this is the case, it just provides me with the concrete validation for the sentiment I've long held toward future parenthood...summed up, perhaps best, in the immortal words of the great Bill Murray in his brilliant portrayal of adventurer Steve Zissou:

"I hated fathers and I never wanted to be one."

Great line. Bill Murray is the best.

Texas in the ALCS is history.

Quick. Without using Google, name the top 5 moments in League Championship Series history. Name the teams and players involved in these moments.

As an avid baseball fan, there are five that come to mind in the 41-year history of of LCS.

Sports history is a finicky business. You either win the whole thing or you don't. Five years later, how much buzz is there on the Astros' run to the series?

I don't mean to belittle the Rangers' accomplishments thus far. I'm a big Ron Washington fan all the way back to his playing days.

Quick. Without using Google, name the top 5 moments in League Championship Series history. Name the teams and players involved in these moments.

As an avid baseball fan, there are five that come to mind in the 41-year history of of LCS.

Sports history is a finicky business. You either win the whole thing or you don't. Five years later, how much buzz is there on the Astros' run to the series?

I don't mean to belittle the Rangers' accomplishments thus far. I'm a big Ron Washington fan all the way back to his playing days.

Hell what about just the last 20 years?

1. Red Sox comeback over the Yankees in 2004. Too many great moments to name...the top 5 could be filled with just this series

2. Aaron Boone's homer in 2003

3. Sid Bream being called safe at home in 1992

4. Bartman's catch in 2003

5. Jeffrey Maier in 1996

Hell what about just the last 20 years?

1. Red Sox comeback over the Yankees in 2004. Too many great moments to name...the top 5 could be filled with just this series

2. Aaron Boone's homer in 2003

4. Bartman's catch in 2003

5. Jeffrey Maier in 1996

We matched 2 out of 5 on the Red Sox and Sid Bream. I also had:

1. Ozzie Smith's homerun in 1985

2. A.J. Pierzynski's stolen first base on a strikeout in 2005

3. The unprecedented (at the time) 3-game comeback of the 1984 Padres

Edited by oldguystudent

I only went back 20 years because my baseball memory pre-1990 gets hazy since I only started following the game in '86. I thought Pierzynski's base on strikeout was in the World Series, otherwise I would've mentioned it over Maier. I felt odd about putting 2 fan interactions in the top 5, but both were such big deals I felt like I had to.

Don't forget Andy Van Slyke sitting down in the outfield and crying like a little girl after it happened.

As a kid in Atlanta, seeing Van Slyke completely broken and demoralized after yet ANOTHER brutal series defeat to the Braves was a sadistic joy for me.

If the Braves don't own Pittsburgh again like that, the franchise probably doesn't spiral down the tubes the way that it did. Maybe Barry Bonds gets more respect for being an all-around player and doesn't get on the juice to play homerball. Maybe Bobby Bonilla does something in the World Series to make me remember him as something other than the guy who played with Bonds and Van Slyke. Maybe Van Slyke doesn't turn into a pathetic, sobbing woman and saves a fortune on kleenex and tampax.

Sid Bream and Francisco Cabrera destroyed that franchise and many of its heroes. It makes me smile to think about the pain and suffering Pittsburgh went through.

Don't forget Andy Van Slyke sitting down in the outfield and crying like a little girl after it happened.

As a kid in Atlanta, seeing Van Slyke completely broken and demoralized after yet ANOTHER brutal series defeat to the Braves was a sadistic joy for me.

If the Braves don't own Pittsburgh again like that, the franchise probably doesn't spiral down the tubes the way that it did. Maybe Barry Bonds gets more respect for being an all-around player and doesn't get on the juice to play homerball. Maybe Bobby Bonilla does something in the World Series to make me remember him as something other than the guy who played with Bonds and Van Slyke. Maybe Van Slyke doesn't turn into a pathetic, sobbing woman and saves a fortune on kleenex and tampax.

Sid Bream and Francisco Cabrera destroyed that franchise and many of its heroes. It makes me smile to think about the pain and suffering Pittsburgh went through.

Are TTG and Cartman the same person? You never see them in the same place at the same time...

Tasty Greek?

They had a really nice message board but they traded it to the Cubs for a stone tablet and chisel.

Probably in the top 10 funniest things I've ever read on the forum. And I mean that seriously. Most of the time, LOL is just an expression. I had someone in the next office over check to see if I was choking. Hilarious. +1