Homecoming Dilemma

UNT90

Like an idiot, I purchased ALCS game 2 tickets last week before game dates were announced. Of Course, game 2 is at 3:00pm on Saturday, and I have people coming to tailgate for homecoming. The best solution I can come up with is this:

Is there anyone out there, maybe from out of town, that has tickets to game 1 (Friday night) that would like to trade for game 2 tickets? Mine are 1st base lower level down the line aways. I would pay the difference (and maybe more) in price, if there is any

If anyone has any better ideas on how to make this happen, please let me know. And no, these tickets are not for sale.

Like an idiot, I purchased ALCS game 2 tickets last week before game dates were announced. Of Course, game 2 is at 3:00pm on Saturday, and I have people coming to tailgate for homecoming. The best solution I can come up with is this:

Is there anyone out there, maybe from out of town, that has tickets to game 1 (Friday night) that would like to trade for game 2 tickets? Mine are 1st base lower level down the line aways. I would pay the difference (and maybe more) in price, if there is any

If anyone has any better ideas on how to make this happen, please let me know. And no, these tickets are not for sale.

I have the same "problem". I'm going to the baseball game. I'll be at the bonfire and other homecoming activities but I'm not going to miss the MEAN GREEN FIGHTING TEXAS RANGERS in the pennant race.

Do a Craigslist ad offering to swap Saturday tickets for Friday...or scour current listings for someone already looking to do the same.

If that doesn't pan out...it has to be the baseball game...has to be...your friends, if they're quality people, will appreciate and fully understand your decision. If they're not...screw 'em anyway.

• Upvote 1

Do a Craigslist ad offering to swap Saturday tickets for Friday...or scour current listings for someone already looking to do the same.

If that doesn't pan out...it has to be the baseball game...has to be...your friends, if they're quality people, will appreciate and fully understand your decision. If they're not...screw 'em anyway.

Be careful...word is that there are plenty of counterfeit tickets being "sold and traded". Better know who you are trading with if you do the Craigslist thing. I hope you can make a swap as the Mean Green need your support. But, I do understand the dilemma as the Rangers...the long suffering Rangers and their fan base...are in uncharted waters and it really is a "first time" special event. Sometimes you just have to make the hard choice. No one would fault you if you ended up going to the Rangers game Saturday. The Mean Green nation knows you support the Mean Green. If you go to the Rangers game, ask your friends to go ahead and attend the Mean Green game and get your UNT tickets into the hands of someone who will attend. That's about the best you can do if you should have to miss...we'll drink a toast to your good fortune in having game 1 tickets, but hope you get to swap for game 2.

GO MEAN GREEN!

Just for the record, the choice between games is a non-issue. No offense, Mean Green Nation, but it is a no-brainer to attend the Rangers game. The bigger issue is bailing on an event that you yourself organized.

I understand your point. It could be tough, but I would do all I could to trade the tickets and follow-through on my commitment to friends/family. Sometimes it is really hard to do the right thing, but it says a good bit about one's character. I see a couple of options here;

1) Trade the tickets for game #2 (best option)- you might even call StubHub, etc. and see if they will just trade tickets with you...might happen...you won't know unless you try

2) Just bail on your own event (worst option)

3) Call everyone you invited and try to move the tailgate to the next home game (possible solution) and pay everyone back for the tickets they may have purchased for this game

4) Tell everyone you invited your dilemma and see if they want to go on with the UNT event (you can name a substitute leader) without you and drink your beer and eat your food

5) :lol:Run and hide...

Bottom line...I'll bet you get a decent trade going and you can do both...and what a weekend it would be...a Mean Green and a Rangers victory with you witnessing both! Good luck...

GO MEAN GREEN...Go Rangers

• Downvote 1

I understand your point. It could be tough, but I would do all I could to trade the tickets and follow-through on my commitment to friends/family. Sometimes it is really hard to do the right thing, but it says a good bit about one's character. I see a couple of options here;

Sorry...I know you're not a baseball guy, but the character issue is with friends/family who wouldn't understand having tickets to the ALCS.

The righteous path is:

1. Work your ass off tying to swap Saturday for Friday through some medium be it be Craigslist, StubHub...not only does this solve any issues with the family, but it means you're having one hell of a sports weekend.

2. If this fails, you call up the friends/family and fully and honestly explain the situation...you encourage them to still attend the UNT game with your tickets, even going so far as to hand deliver them...perhaps with a 12 pack of their favorite lager...and suggest dinner/drinks/game/HJ on a future date as penance.

3. If they accept the tickets, you should also effort to get them in touch with good people of the Fouts parking lot with whom they could partake in festivities...perhaps even going so far as to give them a list of talking points on your Rangers predictions, stance on true point guards and the Health Care Bill to mentally whip anyone expecting you at the tailgate. You know, so they don't miss you.

4. If they reject, but understand your choice...insist upon the penance outing at their convenience and thank them for their rational understanding.

5. If they reject and are sincerely upset by your decision...get better friends/family.

• Upvote 5

Just for the record, the choice between games is a non-issue. No offense, Mean Green Nation, but it is a no-brainer to attend the Rangers game. The bigger issue is bailing on an event that you yourself organized.

A true PG always keeps his promises.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

A true PG always keeps his promises.

Good, then it doesn't apply to me, as I am more of a power forward. On the bright side, after contacting friends, I have found that 2 of them also have tickets to the Ranger game and were worried about cancelling, while the others were more than willing to miss the homecoming game to watch the Rangers on T.V. These aren't graduates, so I shoulda figured it would be that way.

Quit bragging about your ALCS tickets. We're all very happy for you.

Oh, and I just scored a ticket to game one, also. That's right. 2 days of ALCS baseball. Whose your freaking daddy!!!!

Son?!?!?!

If this is the case, it just provides me with the concrete validation for the sentiment I've long held toward future parenthood...summed up, perhaps best, in the immortal words of the great Bill Murray in his brilliant portrayal of adventurer Steve Zissou:

"I hated fathers and I never wanted to be one."

And I have always thought of you as CBL's couisin.

It all makes sense!!

I'm actually a federal employee charged with keeping tabs on his subversive activities.

Is it inappropriate to participate in the hijacking of your own thread?

Also, CBL: Next time I see you, we'll have a catch together or something.

09FieldofDreams.jpg

FULL CIRCLE. I win at this thread.