Why Wait?

shaft

Rice was there for the taking. But, we completely botched that winnable game with a mostly healthy roster.

This. This is the reason I don't buy the injuries theory....we were fairly healthy, playing at home Rice, who at this point is 1-5 and found a way to lose that game.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

I wish this hire had worked. I hate that so many things seem to have bounced the wrong way, this season. I feel like a 100% healthy team is probably 4-2 at this point.

A relatively healthy team started this season 0-2.

The Army games was a blowout where they ran over our defense. Has run defense been at all affected by injury? Uh....no.

You can't count wins for games that weren't played. Injuries are part of college football. What makes anyone think that this staff can coach a team to 4 wins in half a season when they have only managed to coach it to 5 wins in 3 years are beyond me.

The Army games was a blowout where they ran over our defense. Has run defense been at all affected by injury? Uh....no.

You can't count wins for games that weren't played. Injuries are part of college football. What makes anyone think that this staff can coach a team to 4 wins in half a season when they have only managed to coach it to 5 wins in 3 years are beyond me.

Sure you can't count wins for games that weren't played, but this idea that injuries don't play into losing a football game is ridiculous. I was never a fan of the Dodge hire, even if I think he's a fine person. I've nothing to gain by wishing things worked out differently except a few more wins in the win column and a few less snide remarks by friends that attended schools with actual Division 1 football programs.

I'm willing to look at this thing objectively.

I think a good offense is part of a good defense and the Clemson game is evidence of that. Maybe the offense scores more points with Tune running the game. Maybe the defense has to do even less work in several of these games; we don't know. I just figure if we can hold the ball for 40 minutes against Clemson, that's probably enough to beat most of the teams on our schedule- especially 3 of the 4 subsequent losses.

I also figure a 4-2 team carries a different swagger and different level of confidence than a 1-5 squad, so it would have been nice to see what was possible. This team is done, this year. Dodge will be gone, we'll start fresh in 2011. I'm merely pining for what might have been, this season, as I am every season.

Taking out the wins over NT, the teams we have played so far this season are a paltry 7-21. Not exactly Top 25 caliber.

Sure you can't count wins for games that weren't played, but this idea that injuries don't play into losing a football game is ridiculous. I was never a fan of the Dodge hire, even if I think he's a fine person. I've nothing to gain by wishing things worked out differently except a few more wins in the win column and a few less snide remarks by friends that attended schools with actual Division 1 football programs.

I'm willing to look at this thing objectively.

I think a good offense is part of a good defense and the Clemson game is evidence of that. Maybe the offense scores more points with Tune running the game. Maybe the defense has to do even less work in several of these games; we don't know. I just figure if we can hold the ball for 40 minutes against Clemson, that's probably enough to beat most of the teams on our schedule- especially 3 of the 4 subsequent losses.

I also figure a 4-2 team carries a different swagger and different level of confidence than a 1-5 squad, so it would have been nice to see what was possible. This team is done, this year. Dodge will be gone, we'll start fresh in 2011. I'm merely pining for what might have been, this season, as I am every season.

I understand what you are saying, but you gotta remember that this coach led a 5 win talent team (by his own statements) to 2 wins last year.

I, too, wish we were 4-2, especially for the kids that have had to endure these last several years. Let's hope that the right hire is made (AND PAID) so that a marked turnaround can occur next year.