Interim Head Coach?

G123unt

I just spoke with Human Resources at North Texas. Per our own mandate, there is a 5 day requirement for any job to be posted. After 5 days the opening can be removed.

I asked about typical hiring practices on campus and what usually occurs when jobs are filled? HR says some departments spend several weeks filling Jobs, others as little as 10 days.

That is enough for me to put this myth to rest.

Rick

I just spoke with Human Resources at North Texas. Per our own mandate, there is a 5 day requirement for any job to be posted. After 5 days the opening can be removed.

I asked about typical hiring practices on campus and what usually occurs when jobs are filled? HR says some departments spend several weeks filling Jobs, others as little as 10 days.

That is enough for me to put this myth to rest.

Rick

Man, I think you killed that myth dead!

OK, I've posted about this before:

There is a UNT Policy that states that CLASSIFIED POSITIONS, which are open to public candidates, have to be open for X amount of days.

However, the high ranking positions are not classified as "classified positions".

The athletic head coaching positions are not classified positions.

I don't see how an X day waiting period applies to them.

Thanks. This makes it clear NT doesn't have to worry about a 30 day posting requirement.

Thanks. This makes it clear NT doesn't have to worry about a 30 day posting requirement.

So where did this ever originate? Seems like one of our posters was told this 30 day thing by a UNT staffer at one time or was that yet another beaurocratic white lie of which we are becoming quite accustomed with the present day political climate in Washington D.C.?

GMG!

PS: I mean, someone years ago told me that musician Steve Miller was a UNT alum and I fell for that one--hook, line & singer, too :rolleyes:

OK, I've posted about this before:

There is a UNT Policy that states that CLASSIFIED POSITIONS, which are open to public candidates, have to be open for X amount of days.

However, the high ranking positions are not classified as "classified positions".

The athletic head coaching positions are not classified positions.

I don't see how an X day waiting period applies to them.

Thanks for the information.