When We Have To Expand New Stadium For Either...

PlummMeanGreen

This from TCU's student newspaper, ie, The Daily Skiff...

Check out UNT AD Rick V at bottom of the Daily Skiff article, too, as he has some live quotes in the YouTube presentation.

http://www.tcudailyskiff.com/video-renovated-stadium-will-attract-concerts-and-high-school-football-games-1.2335952

I like TCU's new look stadium and especially their lounge areas, too. TCU and their fans deserve it and God only knows we do.

GMG

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Good question, Green Mean.

I remember seeing TAMU Coach Gene Stallings last game as Aggie coach versus DKR's Horns down in College Station when Kyle Field seated about 45,000--it had a track in it, too, which they put chairs around the stadium perimeter at that time.

Many of us remmber OSU in Stillwater's stadium and the dramatic change T. Boone Pickens money created for that stadium. Some of these stadiums don't even resemble their former looks.

TCU will probably do the same thing with Amon Carter as OSU did and I would guess may lose some seating as a result? PerryFrog, you there? I left you a PM anyway.

GMG!

Yep, Amon Carter will lose some seating. From 46,000 to about 40,000 I think.

But, it will be remodeled so that it can easily be expanded to 50,000. This

may be needed before they finish the remodel job, as we have had two games

recently that were sellouts and standing room only tickets sold. The Utah

game last year had 55,000 or so in attendance. Plumm, I got the PM and answered.

GO FROGS!!!!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!

i have seen our team the last 6 years. hard to get optimistic.

Old School Thought: "Well, we don't need a new stadium till we fill Fouts Field 133 x's :blink: in a row. :unsure:(Never-minding we might have all been sitting in concrete dust with steel wrapped around us as we waited for that to happen--No school has ever built with the past in mind, but what the demographics show for its future and..........most schools plan to regain the cycle of winning once they finish out their losing cycle).

Concerning a projected new stadium back in the day, I sorta' think UNT borrowed the ideas of every other upward bound or upward bound wanna'be school when UNT AD Rick V told the BOR's perhaps something like this? "OK, guys, we need to crap or get off the pot if we're going to stay up with our fellow conference-mates of this "throw together" conference we sorta' had a NCAA D1 head start on and the one we used to dominate most likely because of that?" :o

He who hesitates loses? I hope we have not waited too late even on this new stadium as we look at the present NCAA landscape of re-alignments with some more on the way. A TCU'er told me he thought the Big East was a done deal for the Horned Frogs, well guess what big hole that would create with yet another new re-alignment domino effect on the way? :unsure:

So......he who hesitates loses?

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Old School Thought: "Well, we don't need a new stadium till we fill Fouts Field 133 x's :blink: in a row. :unsure:(Never-minding we might have all been sitting in concrete dust with steel wrapped around us as we waited for that to happen--No school has ever built with the past in mind, but what the demographics show for its future and..........most schools plan to regain the cycle of winning once they finish out their losing cycle).

Concerning a projected new stadium back in the day, I sorta' think UNT borrowed the ideas of every other upward bound or upward bound wanna'be school when UNT AD Rick V told the BOR's perhaps something like this? "OK, guys, we need to crap or get off the pot if we're going to stay up with our fellow conference-mates of this "throw together" conference we sorta' had a NCAA D1 head start on and the one we used to dominate most likely because of that?" :o

He who hesitates loses? I hope we have not waited too late even on this new stadium as we look at the present NCAA landscape of re-alignments with some more on the way. A TCU'er told me he thought the Big East was a done deal for the Horned Frogs, well guess what big hole that would create with yet another new re-alignment domino effect on the way? :unsure:

So......he who hesitates loses?

GMG!

He who hesitates loses? I hope we have not waited too late even on this new stadium as we look at the present NCAA landscape of re-alignments with some more on the way. A TCU'er told me he thought the Big East was a done deal for the Horned Frogs, well guess what big hole that would create with yet another new re-alignment domino effect on the way?

I don't think we waited too long on the stadium so much, as we have accepted a crappy program, hired HS coaches and been loosing for years and are the joke of 1A football. RV ?

I don't think we waited too long on the stadium so much, as we have accepted a crappy program, hired HS coaches and been loosing for years and are the joke of 1A football. RV ?

Yup. Fouts isn't something to brag about but I am sure there are other stadiums out there that can say the same thing. The truth is that not having a new stadium was a piss poor lousy excuse to justify our crappy football program.

Yup. Fouts isn't something to brag about but I am sure there are other stadiums out there that can say the same thing. The truth is that not having a new stadium was a piss poor lousy excuse to justify our crappy football program.

I think the universal rule of thumb for NCAA programs is to at least let their HFC get through 4 years. "IF" (a big if) Dodges teams would have won all those late 4'th quarter games last year, he would have the capital this season to probably come back next year (with the multiple injuries and all). He does not have that capital and unless he gets 6 or 7 or wins the SBC, will undoubtedly be replaced.

UNT could have stopped all this 2 or 3 decades or so ago if they would have merely looked back in our football history and observed what kind of coaching hire gave us, ie, (even) North Texas a semblance of national respect including a Top 20 ranking. We did everything we could to avoid doing just that and won't most of us say we have sufferred the consequences longterm? ;)

Consequences? Most of the posters of www.GoMeanGreen.com have never witnessed in their lifetimes any North Texas head football coach who went over .500 in his lifetime career in Denton. You tell me what direction we should go in light of that? High School one more time? Upon further review, has there ever been any successful HS coach to make it an NCAA FBS school? Even Notre Dame tried it one time to no avail with Coach?????????? (his name escapes me).

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I think not having good facilities makes a big difference...no doubt, but i am talking about the culture at Nt, about hiring Parker, Bob Tyler, TD, etc...shopping at Walmart and expecting Macy's....not until Dr Pohl came on the scene did we really start seeing some changes around UNT...things are getting better, but we have to leave the walmart and go somewhere else...we have to change the culture regarding football at NT to make a difference...at UNT and Denton. We must raise our expectations...alot!

I think the universal rule of thumb for NCAA programs is to at least let their HFC get through 4 years. "IF" (a big if) Dodges teams would have won all those late 4'th quarter games last year, he would have the capital this season to probably come back next year (with the multiple injuries and all). He does not have that capital and unless he gets 6 or 7 or wins the SBC, will undoubtedly be replaced.

UNT could have stopped all this 2 or 3 decades or so ago if they would have merely looked back in our football history and observed what kind of coaching hire gave us, ie, (even) North Texas a semblance of national respect including a Top 20 ranking. We did everything we could to avoid doing just that and won't most of us say we have sufferred the consequences longterm? ;)

Consequences? Most of the posters of www.GoMeanGreen.com have never witnessed in their lifetimes any North Texas head football coach who went over .500 in his lifetime career in Denton. You tell me what direction we should go in light of that? High School one more time? Upon further review, has there ever been any successful HS coach to make it an NCAA FBS school? Even Notre Dame tried it one time to no avail with Coach?????????? (his name escapes me).

GMG!

The answer to your last sentence is Gerry Faust. But there was one successful coach who made the jump (ironically from the same high school). His name was Paul Brown and he went from Massilon (OH) High School to HFC at Ohio State University and later on to the Cleveland pro franchise.

So, altogether it's been done once. There have been other attempts with less than moderate to no success but since it happened once we may have believed that Todd Dodge could duplicate that feat.

The answer to your last sentence is Gerry Faust. But there was one successful coach who made the jump (ironically from the same high school). His name was Paul Brown and he went from Massilon (OH) High School to HFC at Ohio State University and later on to the Cleveland pro franchise.

So, altogether it's been done once. There have been other attempts with less than moderate to no success but since it happened once we may have believed that Todd Dodge could duplicate that feat.

And leave it to North Texas to try it twice.

I think not having good facilities makes a big difference...no doubt, but i am talking about the culture at Nt, about hiring Parker, Bob Tyler, TD, etc...shopping at Walmart and expecting Macy's....not until Dr Pohl came on the scene did we really start seeing some changes around UNT...things are getting better, but we have to leave the walmart and go somewhere else...we have to change the culture regarding football at NT to make a difference...at UNT and Denton. We must raise our expectations...alot!

How do you do this (in the bold)? In the last 10 years, we have seen a big change in attitude from the President's to the AD and watched it filter down to the alumni and students and it ahs been great. But, it would take an even bigger tilt toward athletics by the BOR and the Chancellor and lots of the faculty to really make an even bigger impact. How do you do that when apathy has ruled forever here? I really am iterested to hear what people think we should do about it and when we would see the fruits of that culture change actually put us where we dream of being in both the short-term (CUSA) and long-term (AQ).

How do you do this (in the bold)? In the last 10 years, we have seen a big change in attitude from the President's to the AD and watched it filter down to the alumni and students and it ahs been great. But, it would take an even bigger tilt toward athletics by the BOR and the Chancellor and lots of the faculty to really make an even bigger impact. How do you do that when apathy has ruled forever here? I really am iterested to hear what people think we should do about it and when we would see the fruits of that culture change actually put us where we dream of being in both the short-term (CUSA) and long-term (AQ).

Win! It cures cancer & positions us for bigger things, too!

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Win, alot of marketing in Denton, get new students involved early...visiting the stadium, meeting the team, cheerleaders, learning about the Mean Green, traditons, etc.

Perhaps the "team' should hold rallys, etc in the middle of campus...raise money, hand out UNT football t-shirts...get the frats and soroities involved as much as possible....look at what other universities are doing...brainstorm ideas. support is increasing...amazed there is this much attendance considering the TD team ! TD has to go no matter what ! Winning cures a lot, especially with a new stadium.....bad idea to bring Uof H in for opening games...bad idea.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2