Best Case Conference Scenario For Unt...but Think Forward...

PlummMeanGreen

Of course, another "not so scientific" poll since many outside UNT visit GMG.com and vote for what most of us would not. For instance, those SBC'ers visiting will most always vote "NT Luv's Ya' Belt--Stays Put" NOTE: If polls or certain threads make you so tense, why do you continue to read them? :unsure:

So...just another re-alignment poll which we can all blame on the Big East and TCU! :lol:

GMG!

PS: And what is your logic with the choice you made as far as UNT's long term success in said new conference?

...and something to just kill more down time since that is what most of us are on here doing as it is. :P

GMG!!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

I'm sure the MWC will be knocking down our doors

Why so negative? Everybody loves somebody somtimes to quote that great Dean Martin song line, and just who knows, maybe with this New Stadium @ The Mean Green Village, our prospects for new suitors will now get us some new love?

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Us and Houston together would be my first choice out of that scenario. ...but I see MWC replacing TCU with SMU before NT.

The interest in CUSA for me sort of goes down a big notch if SMU isn't there. It is the only real natural rivalry for us in CUSA.

Us and Houston together would be my first choice out of that scenario. ...but I see MWC replacing TCU with SMU before NT.

The interest in CUSA for me sort of goes down a big notch if SMU isn't there. It is the only real natural rivalry for us in CUSA.

Houston? Rice? UTEP? Tulsa? these are all good rivalries. I think we should BEAT THE HELL OUTTA ALL OF 'EM.

I doubt TCU leaves in the 1st place , but if they did MWC would probably invite UTEP & Houston. If we could get into C-USA that would be great , but we would once again be against LaTech and maybe even TRoy , mtsu & wku all for that bid. I think SMU would probably not help our cause either

Not negative just being realistic. If you really wanted the BEST CASE i think the BIGXII would be our ideal situation , right ? Plum I think you are the one setting the bar low here , not me ;)

Edited by NT03

I doubt TCU leaves in the 1st place , but if they did MWC would probably invite UTEP & Houston. If we could get into C-USA that would be great , but we would once again be against LaTech and maybe even TRoy , mtsu & wku all for that bid. I think SMU would probably not help our cause either

Not negative just being realistic. If you really wanted the BEST CASE i think the BIGXII would be our ideal situation , right ? Plum I think you are the one setting the bar low here , not me ;)

No bar being set at all, but If I were setting any bars we'd been in the Southwest Conference about Year 4 of Fry's career in Denton. That was most all of our goals those of us on GMG.com old enough to have been around when we were shooting high for "so called" bars or barometers of success--a practice we quit doing almost the day Fry signed a contract with Iowa of the Big 10. You say, uh, Big 12? :unsure: Now really...where did the realism suddenly go?

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I voted for #3, but by a razor-thin margin. In the short term, I think C-USA would be better for UNT. Even without SMU, we would have some excellent rivalries. But MWC is a step up, and is close to being an AQ conference. And most, if not all, of the Texas C-USA schools would bolt C-USA for MWC in a heartbeat. We could conceivably be joined later on in MWC by more of the Texas schools.