Hawaii Thinking Big West ?

MeanGreen61

I mentioned on the WAC expansion thread that I read where DFM posted on the LaTech board that both North Texas and the Cajuns had been offered WAC membership and both declined. A week earlier I had heard both our schools mentioned WRT membership from a UTSA coach (friend of mine). He asked my thoughts and I said I didn't think the Cajuns would move to the WAC. Today was the first I'd seen from any other "source" that either of our schools were being considered again (and yes, I know you guys have had a standing invite).

Hawaii considering a move (which isn't really NEW news) is just one more reason that I believe our schools have made a wise decision. Right now the Belt is just much more stable.

Shof

If not the WAC, what other choice besides the Big West is there for Hawaii? As I understand it the WCC that BYU is joining is for mostly private religion-affiliated schools. Big Sky?

Would Hawaii football as an Indy be attractive to BCS schools as a road game? UH would probably have to help subsidize the travel to some extent or work a deal with an airline and hotel, etc. to convince enough schools to make that trip.

If not the WAC, what other choice besides the Big West is there for Hawaii? As I understand it the WCC that BYU is joining is for mostly private religion-affiliated schools. Big Sky?

Would Hawaii football as an Indy be attractive to BCS schools as a road game? UH would probably have to help subsidize the travel to some extent or work a deal with an airline and hotel, etc. to convince enough schools to make that trip.

Mostly religions affiliated in the WCC? Try all!

There are not many conferences in the West and there are very few FBS teams out that way. Someone posted a map of all the FBS schools in another thread and you could almost see a line from Austin north through Minnesota with a huge drop in the number of teams.