Unt Fau Stats

Harry

I like that we were 10-15 on 3rd down conversions. That means we sustained a drive 66% of the time. The best we had previously done was 11-22 against Clemson. Still, we're 33-71 (46%) for the season. We need to get well above 50% if we're going to turn this ship around.

We were 0-1 when we got into the red zone tonight, but I'm not alarmed by this as we are around 75% through the season when getting to the red zone. I want to see us get above 80% for the season and we might win a couple more games this season.

Derek Thompson was credited with a tackle. Is someone else wearing #7 or is Vito holding out on us ?

Thanks to new technologies like this thing called "the internet", our athletic department can now post the full roster online...complete with jersey number ID.

According to our official roster (available at this url: CLICK HERE), DB Jamaal Wilson wears the No. 7. Just like Derek!

Things that jumped out at me from the stat sheet::

Time of possession in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters. UNT dominated with 11:30 in the 2nd, 9:36 in the third, and 10:06 in the 4th. Great job by the D to get them off the field and by the O to have clock eating possessions to keep them off the field.

Penalties: 3... Great job. 'nough said.

Allowed 3.5 yards per carry. Remember, this rush defense was TERRIBLE last year. Great job by the DL and linebackers.

I don't know what the future holds for this team and I still don't know how they can overcome all the injuries that have occurred, but a big congrats go out to all the players, who unlike many of their fans (including me), didn't give up on this season.

Way to fight, guys. See you next week.

• Upvote 1