This Would Be Good Publicity For The New Stadium

BeanCounterGrad'03

As I sit here streaming the BAD Radio and the Hardline broadcast from "the bullyvard", this thought crossed my mind:

Could we get either or both shows to broadcast from our new stadium next year?

I'm thinking it would probably work the best if they did it when we had a Tuesday or Thursday night game so that they could interact with the tailgater. Would this be pretty doable? I guess I'm just sick of hearing Ticket live spots from SMU events (football, basketball, and athletic banquet...I know I've heard at least 3 over the past couple of years). I'm guessing this would require some initiative from the NT Athletic Marketing peeps (a miracle?).

If you read this, GreenGuyBass...any insight you could give?

Hearing Corby bad mouth UNT and the athletics program countless times makes me wonder if this would really be a good idea

Badmouthing and stating the truth are completely different. He doesn't have much of a strong opinion on NT athletics one way or another. He just knows that we are ssttrrugggllliinngg.

Won't happen. They are SMUt's flagship and I doubt the powers that be would like it.

Actually they have done UNT related things several times and don't think it would be an issue.

They also came to Mean Green Country back in 1994 when we were re-gaining NCAA D1-A criteria.

They set up under one of those huge Big Top tents AD Helwig and gang had set up every home game. For those who missed that season, it was quite inspirational to see the Mean Green family do what we had to do to take care of business; that is, getting the necessary attendance to regain D1-A. (That was also G. Dunham's famous "See ya' later McNeese State" football season. Rain did not keep around 20,000 UNT fans from getting into Fouts for that game, either. The umbrellas were quite a colorful thing--in fact, that might have been the last game umbrellas were allowed inside the stadium.

BUT........SMU flagship or not, for (I think it was) $5,000 they would set up in a brothel.

GMG!

Corby's a little squirt--just say BOO! :w00t: real loud to his face and he would simmer down. He already knows Mean Green Country inhabitants are not too fond of him.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Hearing Corby bad mouth UNT and the athletics program countless times makes me wonder if this would really be a good idea

I doubt he would badmouth UNT because the AD would be paying him to be there. He would just talk about the greatness of our opponent that day.

I don't want this alltime college football douchebag anywhere near the new stadium next year. Just today, he talks about how he went to the TCU games when he was there but never became attached to the program because they sucked, so he decided to be/remain an OU fan. This after saying a couple of month ago that long suffering is what makes fandom so great when your team finally wins. :rolleyes1:

Complete college football douchebag and someone I hope never is paid a dime by the AD to provide great publicity for our opponent.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I doubt he would badmouth UNT because the AD would be paying him to be there. He would just talk about the greatness of our opponent that day.

I don't want this alltime college football douchebag anywhere near the new stadium next year. Just today, he talks about how he went to the TCU games when he was there but never became attached to the program because they sucked, so he decided to be/remain an OU fan. This after saying a couple of month ago that long suffering is what makes fandom so great when your team finally wins. :rolleyes1:

Complete college football douchebag and someone I hope never is paid a dime by the AD to provide great publicity for our opponent.

OU seems to be a catch-all for displaced DFW radio/TV media outcasts who for some reason don't want to support their own Texas-based alma maters. I mean come on already it's like OU needs any Texan to be a Sooner fan? :whip: 100 lashes with a wet noodle to those DFW media types who are guilty and public floggings will continue till morale picks up. :shocking:

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Actually they have done UNT related things several times and don't think it would be an issue.

I don't think they have done anything since being put in SMU's back pocket. During the promos for the Super Bowl concert, it was always "accompanied by a 90 pc symphony orchresta." They never once mentioned it was NT's SO. The Musers were the only one's to mention NT's SO.

Basically, I don't think the station as a whole wants anything to do with us as long as they are partnered with SMUt. Once we start winning, that will probably change.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wow I don't get all the hatred for the snake. I've never heard him say that he didn't root for TCU because they were bad. He's always said that he went to TCU because he got a full ride and that OU Football has been in his blood since both his parents were alums and I think his dad may have been on the football team but I am not sure on that. Fact is that we don't need these guys to be NT blowhards. We pay them to do their job that they are the absolute best in. Yeah I think it is a little odd that his team is OU and not TCU but hey it is what it is.

I don't think they have done anything since being put in SMU's back pocket. During the promos for the Super Bowl concert, it was always "accompanied by a 90 pc symphony orchresta." They never once mentioned it was NT's SO. The Musers were the only one's to mention NT's SO.

Basically, I don't think the station as a whole wants anything to do with us as long as they are partnered with SMUt. Once we start winning, that will probably change.

SMU has been on The Ticket for several several years now and it hasn't stopped The Ticket broadcasting from Denton. I doubt they have a sports exclusive with SMU that strict.

Edited by Green Mean

Wow I don't get all the hatred for the snake. I've never heard him say that he didn't root for TCU because they were bad. He's always said that he went to TCU because he got a full ride and that OU Football has been in his blood since both his parents were alums and I think his dad may have been on the football team but I am not sure on that. Fact is that we don't need these guys to be NT blowhards. We pay them to do their job that they are the absolute best in. Yeah I think it is a little odd that his team is OU and not TCU but hey it is what it is.

Corby said both of the conflicting statements, which just show what a college football douche he is. If TCU played OU in Norman and he was at the game (which he was a couple of years ago), whose colors do you thinks he is wearing? OU, no doubt. COMPLETE DOUCHE.

Let me ask you, do you call your daddy's college team your team in college football? Do you constantly pump sunshine up your daddy's college's ass and talk about how you are a huge fan of daddy's school? Of course not, because THATS NOT WHERE YOU WENT TO SCHOOL!!!

I don't hate Corby, but I don't have any respect for any of his college football opinions because of this. I also think that show is weaker with him in a featured position.

Maybe this all goes back to running into a UNT graduate dressed head to toe in OU gear during our game there in 2003, but it really gets on my nerves.

Corby said both of the conflicting statements, which just show what a college football douche he is. If TCU played OU in Norman and he was at the game (which he was a couple of years ago), whose colors do you thinks he is wearing? OU, no doubt. COMPLETE DOUCHE.

Let me ask you, do you call your daddy's college team your team in college football? Do you constantly pump sunshine up your daddy's college's ass and talk about how you are a huge fan of daddy's school? Of course not, because THATS NOT WHERE YOU WENT TO SCHOOL!!!

I don't hate Corby, but I don't have any respect for any of his college football opinions because of this. I also think that show is weaker with him in a featured position.

Maybe this all goes back to running into a UNT graduate dressed head to toe in OU gear during our game there in 2003, but it really gets on my nerves.

Look I am not saying it isn't a bit douchey on his CFB affiliation. But to discredit his college football opinion because of that is a bit much. However with that being said, having anybody from The Ticket come up to Denton to promote the new stadium or school is nothing but a positive.

Georgio, yes. Junior, no. He's a "Corby Lite" version of supporting OU over his Alma-Mater.

Hard Line, absolutely not. No need for the anti-Texas schools, USC/OU cheerleading squad.

You won't get Georgio without Junior. And I have never heard him completely bash NT. And we don't know that Junior doesn't support his Alma Mater. It might be just the fact that he wants us to win but he's a little apathetic like most UNT grads. As far as the Hard Line, we don't need Texas schools/NT blowhards. Who cares who they freaking root for? Get a grip people. And Rhyner pulls for USC because his daughter graduated from there. So he has a perfectly good reason to pull for USC.