The Dodge Flag Coming Down

ForneyGreen

Wow - my crotch has never been kicked quite so hard as this football season.

I was really excited about the Dodge hire 4 years ago. This was supposed to be a storybook scenario: Texas HS football coaching legend and one of the most prolific Texas HS QB's coming to our beloved UNT. At this point, I really do feel personally sorry for the Dodge family as I believe they are really great people - but the writing on the wall has never been so visible as now.

As much as I wanted Dodge to succeed, my one great fear going into this season was this: that our team would scratch and claw to 7 wins, the coaching staff would remain intact, and then we would suffer through 2+ more losing seasons. This fear is based on the fact that I see how thin this team is today and how thin we may be next year barring an incredible recruiting season. I love the players on our team and will always cheer, yell, and financially support them, but our 4-year recruting hasn't been good enough.

As for next year, I'm still in negotiations with the wife on club level seating, and I'll continue to increase my financial support as much as possible (plus attend all home games and hopefully some away games also). I've seen bad times - watching our team play Sam Houston St. in the cold rain at Fouts in front of *maybe* 1000 fans - and getting beat. Looking forward to better times.

Wow - my crotch has never been kicked quite so hard as this football season.

I was really excited about the Dodge hire 4 years ago. This was supposed to be a storybook scenario: Texas HS football coaching legend and one of the most prolific Texas HS QB's coming to our beloved UNT. At this point, I really do feel personally sorry for the Dodge family as I believe they are really great people - but the writing on the wall has never been so visible as now.

As much as I wanted Dodge to succeed, my one great fear going into this season was this: that our team would scratch and claw to 7 wins, the coaching staff would remain intact, and then we would suffer through 2+ more losing seasons. This fear is based on the fact that I see how thin this team is today and how thin we may be next year barring an incredible recruiting season. I love the players on our team and will always cheer, yell, and financially support them, but our 4-year recruting hasn't been good enough.

As for next year, I'm still in negotiations with the wife on club level seating, and I'll continue to increase my financial support as much as possible (plus attend all home games and hopefully some away games also). I've seen bad times - watching our team play Sam Houston St. in the cold rain at Fouts in front of *maybe* 1000 fans - and getting beat. Looking forward to better times.

You bring up some good points. The graduation losses this year are going to be tough to overcome. This was supposed to be the year, I mean after last year.