Some Thoughts About Injuries, Coaches And Rv

Big E

Some thoughts:

12 players out for most if not all of the year since two-a-days...the 12th player is a true freshman, Knockus Sashington (gotta love the name). Most of these players are starters. Jason Sehorn and Dave Ryan, commentators for CBSCS were discussing how these injuries of this magnitude are unprecedented and break down the leadership and connectedness of the team in addition to the obvious problem of having so many of your top players out. They also brought up the fact that we are already short of the 85 scholarships available to FBS schools, so it just makes it worse.

We need to support our team the entire season, no matter what happens with the coaching staff. It will be a monumental feat to overcome this many injuries, especially when you consider how tenuous the situation is already. The fact is that most of these players will be around next year and in future years. We need to support them...period. If Dodge can lead this team to a dramatic turnaround under the current circumstances, he'll be a hero. If not, RV will be faced with the biggest hire of his career. RV has done a great job with the athletic program in his tenure. He overcame huge deficits in facilities, lack of school and fan spirit and support and has helped to create a culture where people are proud to cheer our student athletes and our programs and facilities are vastly improved. The game atmosphere is dramatically improved, despite the W-L record. We will succeed and become a solid football program again. Perhaps Dodge pulls off the amazing turnaround. If not, I'm thinking Mike Leach and Jeff Bower are good places to start the coaching search. Leach may not be interested/affordable and I'm not sure what Bower is doing these days, but they are both proven HCs and are top of mind to me.

For now, let's support the Mean Green as Dodge and his staff work to overcome improbable odds. Put yourself in their shoes. I can not imagine the pressure they are under right now. They want to succeed...let's support them in that. If they don't succeed, RV will make a change. The players, coaches and we, the fans, all understand that. Now they have a lot to do to get ready for FAU.

• Upvote 2

I'm not sure what you mean by "support." If you mean "cheer for," I will be rooting for Coach Dodge and his staff to be successful in every game they coach the Mean Green. I would love to see him get the required 7 wins so he can stay, but that is becoming exponentially less possible with each loss. The injuries had a lot to do with today's loss, and they will probably have a lot to do with any upcoming losses. But, unfortunately, Coach Dodge has used up his charity in seasons 1-3. Cheer for him and the team to do well, yes. Want him to come back regardless of how bad the remainder of the season goes . . . that's another matter.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98

Just to clarify...I agree on Mean Green 93-98's post. With all due respect to Tasty Greek, I still think Bower would be worth checking into. But that is where RV steps in.

He's due no respect. Also, I thought we already circumvented RV and were selecting the new coach with a GMG fan poll set up last week. What changed?