Time To Regroup

Harry

I know a lot of us were disappointed about the loss last night but the reality is we lost and it is time to start preparations for the Army game. I was pleased at how hard the team fought to take the lead in the 4th quarter and again, this loss stung in that it was another game we shoulda coulda have won. We felt like the Rice game was huge for a lot of reasons with one of them being that Army is real tough to beat at their house.

First and foremost I want to send my thoughts to Nathan Tune and his family...what a champion he is what a class act. The kid is in pain on his back and he is waving to the fans to know he is ok... I wish him nothing but the best and he should be an example for us all.

There were a lot of bright spots, I loved the fact that they got Tyler Stradford into the offense and he had the big touchdown to start the second half and leading all receivers in yards. Jeremy Phillips had his coming out party against Rice with a monster game, 10 tackles, two tackles for a loss, a sack, an int...wow what a huge game for this kid.. Lance got his 100 even though I think he should of had 200 had we used him more effectively. This kid Damario Dixon the mystery transfer from Louisiana had 4 tackles and you gotta love the youngster Zach Orr getting 3 tackles in this just his second game as a true freshman; he appears to be a good one. What can you say about special teams...its a big disappointment and we need to get it fixed before Army. Also gotta give a huge thumbs up to our crowd and fans that was a terrific atmosphere last night.

Poor Thompson, he gets put into some tough situations with last night being the latest with 4th and 14 with the weight of the world on his shoulders. I think he will do fine this season and the competition with Tune has made him better. It sounds like Riley is the backup. We have to pray that we can stay healthy at that position for the rest of the year and my sense is that will affect the offensive playbook some.

Now we have Army on the road. They are 1-1 and both games (Eastern Mich and Hawaii) have been close. Pretty much standard fare Army they are 9th best in the country in rushing and 120th in passing. Smashmouth is what they do and their sophomore fullback Jared Hassin (6-3, 225) is a load. If we can stop their rushing game we have a good chance to win this ballgame. Hawaii put 21 on them through the air so I suspect that we can do some damage there as well. This appears to be an Army team with a lot of heart, they fought back in the Hawaii game to tie the game 28-28 heading into the fourth quarter only to lose by a field goal. GMG!

I think there were a lot of us more than disappointed about the outcome last night but hey the sun did come up this morning over here in northwest Dallas.

One painful sidenote: The win over UNT last night was Rice's first non conf road win since Army in '06...ouch...

I think there were a lot of us more than disappointed about the outcome last night but hey the sun did come up this morning over here in northwest Dallas.

One painful sidenote: The win over UNT last night was Rice's first non conf road win since Army in '06...ouch...

Harry....we coulda gone without that little sidenote. LOL. We did hold Rice to 106 yds rushing....we can prep for this!

:huh:

Edited by All About UNT