Breaking News -- Tune Is Done

Brett Vito

I say we start Riley @ QB next week.... Yeah I said it

Seriously? From what I've seen Derek Thompson will do a great job. He is the future of the mean green.

I feel bad for Tune though. He worked hard and came a long way, and was doing a a very good job as a starter, imo. Sorry Tune, I heart you.

It was evident last night that this young man's season and career was mostly likely over. He had a good game and will have that to remember the rest of his life. On a much smaller scale, I can remember the last Texas HS football game I played--just something about those last games I guess.

GMG!

PS: How unfortunate as he was on his way to what I believe would have been an QB self-improvement scenario for him week after week. Life is not fair. :angry:

PS II: Thanks Nathan for being a real trooper and hanging in there. You will not be forgotten in Mean Green Country.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Nathan...You proved yourself. It is obvious that you were the proper choice to guide the team and we were behind you 100%. You should feel very good about that and look back on your accomplishment (winning the starting job) with pride. Last night I realized that as badly as I wanted to win, your health was infinitely more important. Get well soon! Go mean green!

Whatever he chooses after his recovery, I think Nathan Tune is the kind of player, teammate and human being everyone on the squad should look up to. He did everything right: worked hard, waited patiently, and was ready when he was called upon.

It really makes me think of Job, in a way. An extremely pios and successful man just gets hammered by bad luck and tragedies - proof that doing things the right way doesn't prevent life's woes from reaching you.

But, like Job, I think Nathan will continue to be who he always was. And that is why he will be ultimately successful in life.

Wishing a speedy and complete recovery.