Coaching?

TheColonyEagle

I knew a "fire Dodge" thread would be the first thing I saw on here last night and the debate will rage, is it players or coaches?

Coaching was questionable last night but I think these players need to take a serious look within themselves. The effort is there. No doubt. But they need to decide for themselves that they are going to do things the right way, wrap up, know their assignments, stay focused.

These are adult men that know how to play football. They just need to do it.

Most veteran teams (like this one) don't need coaches putting them everywhere they need to be. Hell, most veteran teams know what they need to do before the coaches tell them.

THIS IS NOT A TEAM FULL OF FRESHMEN At some point, these players need to grow up.

My question is: who is the leader on this team?

Who is running that locker room? Who are the veterans that are going to step up? I know the "players only meeting" is cliche and usually a sign that the team is doomed, but I think they need one. Some of of veterans need to step up and take control.

The coaches have some responsibility here as well but when you have a team full of upperclassmen, the players need to step up.

I knew a "fire Dodge" thread would be the first thing I saw on here last night and the debate will rage, is it players or coaches?

Coaching was questionable last night but I think these players need to take a serious look within themselves. The effort is there. No doubt. But they need to decide for themselves that they are going to do things the right way, wrap up, know their assignments, stay focused.

These are adult men that know how to play football. They just need to do it.

Most veteran teams (like this one) don't need coaches putting them everywhere they need to be. Hell, most veteran teams know what they need to do before the coaches tell them.

THIS IS NOT A TEAM FULL OF FRESHMEN At some point, these players need to grow up.

My question is: who is the leader on this team?

Who is running that locker room? Who are the veterans that are going to step up? I know the "players only meeting" is cliche and usually a sign that the team is doomed, but I think they need one. Some of of veterans need to step up and take control.

The coaches have some responsibility here as well but when you have a team full of upperclassmen, the players need to step up.

I agree to some extent but it is the coaches duty to put players in that can execute the plays, and granted I would not be upset if these were not a continuing problem. Can we just start with special teams, good god they have been a train wreck for 4 full years now. Preparing our team to execute is the what coaches do. What is the deal with kicking OMG it would funny if were not us. How many receivers dropped balls? If was just a couple of players I would fully agree, but when it is several it is the coaches or a conspiracy.

Edited by KingDL1

Brandon McCoy is the vocal leader for the players on DEF side of the ball , he kinda took over were Tobe left off. None on the other side of the ball that I see or know of

I'd love to see McCoy get some PT

I swear I saw McCoy out there in a 3-4 scheme for the first defensive series in the second half, before Shavod came back in (ankle heavily taped by the way). AK dropped into zone coverage. It actually worked very well. We forced them to a 3-out if I recall correctly.

Brandon McCoy is the vocal leader for the players on DEF side of the ball , he kinda took over were Tobe left off. None on the other side of the ball that I see or know of

I'd love to see McCoy get some PT

McCoy was in the game last night (#66), along with Dixon (#65) and Gaines (#49).

Yea go ahead, blame the players......in addition to special teams inadequate play, the game plan for offense was very poor.. We were very pass happy. We didn't use Dunbar enough. However, I feel that we are moving in the right direction. Special teams play is a function of talent and coaching. When ur starters have good backups and their backups have backups , that's usually when special teams are good..... I can't say much about the kicker though. Just Mystified

Yea go ahead, blame the players......in addition to special teams inadequate play, the game plan for offense was very poor.. We were very pass happy. We didn't use Dunbar enough. However, I feel that we are moving in the right direction. Special teams play is a function of talent and coaching. When ur starters have good backups and their backups have backups , that's usually when special teams are good..... I can't say much about the kicker though. Just Mystified

You are not alone. To paraphrase what someone said about the entire team, If we had had one kicker over the last 4 years that had problems, I would think that kicker had problems. Having kicker after kicker regress after signing with us, I'm thinking the problems are at a higher level.

I don't blame the players OR the coaches.

I blame the Jews, the Moozlims, Catholic priests, the Christian right, the liberal media, the Tea Party, the Illuminati, the Elks (for some reason), the Masons, illegal immigrants, students, alums, the fans, the non-fans who don't follow or support the team, Darrell Dickey, Mack Brown, women voters, Asian drivers, the BCS cartel, the weather, Obama, Reagan, Clinton, FDR, Woodrow Wilson, Jerry Jones (for running Jimmy Johnson out of town), the failure of public schools to properly educate students in mathematics and the hard sciences, deficit spending, multiculturalism, ethnocentrism, Iraq, the Taliban, and Cobra Commander.

And, of course, I blame Bruce McCulloch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNQvjpwSNBo