Announced Attendance

Mean Green 93-98

Good crowd and we drop the ball again with a chance to impress them. The students and alums are trying very hard to support this team.

Any other Belt team would be struggling with attendance if they had won only 5 games in 3+ seasons.

After years of losing, it is taking a toll. When my friends get up during the game we have to ask them if they are coming back.

Wow, we absolutely destroyed SMU in attendance today!

As for us, to match our student turnout for the next home game, I think we are really going to have to win the next 2 on the road, and come back 2-2. 1-3 is not going to cut it to get the students out like they were today.

I watched the Army vs Hawaii and FAU vs Mich. State games today and unfortunately an 0-4 start is more likely

As for us, to match our student turnout for the next home game, I think we are really going to have to win the next 2 on the road, and come back 2-2. 1-3 is not going to cut it to get the students out like they were today.

Dude I appreciate your optimism but Rice was the attendance litmus test - its over we lost again in front of a great crowd. Sorry to be a negative Ned but Attendance will suffer regardless of what we accomplish on the road.

Dude I appreciate your optimism but Rice was the attendance litmus test - its over we lost again in front of a great crowd. Sorry to be a negative Ned but Attendance will suffer regardless of what we accomplish on the road.

The students will respond to wins, and only wins. If we come back 2-2 we will get a good crowd. The tough part of that is actually coming back 2-2, like UNTBill said. Regardless, having to talk about crap like this is really getting old. One of these days we will expect a sellout every game.

It really amazes me that we can get a crowd like this after whats happened the last 5 years with this program. If we just start winning and bring in a coach where people know by name then I am convinced that we could get 30K a game.

I agree. Great crowd. If we regularly played schools that the students and area fans were familiar with, we could fill up 40K on a regular basis. That is of course if we could somehow find a way to win these games, and had a 40k stadium for them to fill B) . But seriously, I was very impressed with the crowd tonight, I was very impressed with certain aspects of our team, but I am pissed as Hell that we could not find a way to get two more points. I feel positive change in the wind, but the scoreboard shows the same old same old. Oh well, I'm used to it, and we have 10 (OR ELEVEN) more games left to change that same old same old. Get well Mr. Nathan. You hung in there like a champ, and let us hope and pray that your (and many others) sacrifices will lead us to turning this thing around!

The student side was packed and rocking all game long. Looked great on the on-line feed. During the one scan of the alumni side I saw, it looked like that side was pretty full as well. Light years from the days when you could literally count the number of fans in the stands. It's unfortunate that we can't seem to capitalize on these opportunities, but the team played their hearts out. Thanks to all the students, former students and fans that came out in force on a steamy night. The team deserves and needs your continued support this year. It was an entertaining game to watch on-line, big plays, big hits, momentum swings, fourth quarter drama.....just not the ending we wanted.

GMG...Beat Army!

Keith

• Upvote 1

The attendence and crowd last night comapared to SMU's crowd remains very important. First, I grew up an SMU fan and attneded virtually every game from age 18 to 30. But, as I have stated, Dallas is not a SMU crowd. Despite the wonderful job of Coach Jones, Dallas really doesn't care. For the Mean Green, we have Alums and friends that do care. I believe you will see even more in our new house next year! Long term, my money is on the team in Denton!