Thor Could Have Been At Unt

Harry

In the real estate business they say that location is everything. In football recruiting it is timing. I have known James since he entered the seventh grade. He is a fine athlete and a grea kid. He is the kind of young man that you hope your daughter brings home and says "dad, I would like for you to meet....." At the time he was looking to leave baseball and go to college to play football Darrell Dickey had been fired as head coach at North Texas and Todd Dodge had not yet been hired. Had the Dickey group still been in place at North Texas I would have contacted them. I knew several of them and they would have looked at him then made a decision. By the time the Dodge group was hired, James was headed for Rice. He had a fine career there and obtained two degrees. It seems to have turned out all right for him. It sure would have been nice to see him wearing green, though.

Don Hufstedler

Azle, Texas

In the real estate business they say that location is everything. In football recruiting it is timing. I have known James since he entered the seventh grade. He is a fine athlete and a grea kid. He is the kind of young man that you hope your daughter brings home and says "dad, I would like for you to meet....." At the time he was looking to leave baseball and go to college to play football Darrell Dickey had been fired as head coach at North Texas and Todd Dodge had not yet been hired. Had the Dickey group still been in place at North Texas I would have contacted them. I knew several of them and they would have looked at him then made a decision. By the time the Dodge group was hired, James was headed for Rice. He had a fine career there and obtained two degrees. It seems to have turned out all right for him. It sure would have been nice to see him wearing green, though.

Don Hufstedler

Azle, Texas

Yeah, I was kinda wondering about that timing thing; it's like what he's saying is,"why couldn't North Texas have interrupted the (even compared to the present) shambles into which they had fallen to recruit me? They didn't, therefore I'll place a chip on my shoulder, and talk trash about that buttwhipping yet further, as if anyone in the Five State Area could forget it even if they wanted to". This is all a great learning opportunity not to forget to comb the minor league baseball rosters for players who may have told somebody's friend's cousin to tell a coach who was already packing his office that there's this stud baseball/football player who's interested. I already don't care about him now. Oh, I may start caring about pro football now enough to cheer against the Houston team (Texans? Aren't we all?).

Edited by eulessismore

When you have a NFL caliber player knocking on the door @ some place like UNT there is no excuse to use ( timing , location).

He's not the only player who wanted to come to UNT that didn't get noticed. There is a starting RB right now in the SEC who wanted a UNT ship , but failed to get one. There was a BIG X transfer on campus who never got on the field. If the Dodge era ends this year he has no one to blame but himself. That's the problem when we made this hire , that he would be learning while still on the job. Hopefully he can pull out of this disaster and get this program in the right direction. It all starts today !!

BEAT RICE!!

• Upvote 2

When you have a NFL caliber player knocking on the door @ some place like UNT there is no excuse to use ( timing , location).

He's not the only player who wanted to come to UNT that didn't get noticed. There is a starting RB right now in the SEC who wanted a UNT ship , but failed to get one. There was a BIG X transfer on campus who never got on the field. If the Dodge era ends this year he has no one to blame but himself. That's the problem when we made this hire , that he would be learning while still on the job. Hopefully he can pull out of this disaster and get this program in the right direction. It all starts today !!

BEAT RICE!!

To be fair, his job is always a learning process. Name one coach who can afford to stop learning new things.

We just happen to choose a guy with a steep curve to get here. Hopefully, it all turns around beginning today.