Extra Tickets?

Green Crazy

Fwiw...I have season tickets and the one of the two I need tickets for is possible future student and the other is my 3 year old daughter (who already knows the fight song) who will probably be in my arms or my wifes lap for most of the game, but still requires a ticket. Usually my extras get their own tickets, just not this time.

And I got negative points for pointing out that someone would post about people who give their tickets away when they have extra or when they can't make a game...it happened...I guess some folks just "can't handle the truth". :lol:

Me, I think it's great that people help other Mean Green Nation and GMG.com members who need extra tickets. Like Emmitt said, if you are just an on-going mooch, well, not so much, but you definitely know who you are and so do your friends! Giving your tickets away when you can't be there makes it certain that your seats will be used and the folks who use them may come to the next game and buy tickets or become season ticket holders. UNT needs "rears in the seats" for its games, and this assures that seats are filled. I agree that folks who just mooch all the time should be "cut off" and made to buy their own tickets, but when you can help someone out, that makes great sense to me.

Anyway, let's fill Fouts for the Rice game tomorrow! Be there and let's help the Mean Green win #1 in 2010! GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

And I got negative points for pointing out that someone would post about people who give their tickets away when they have extra or when they can't make a game...it happened...I guess some folks just "can't handle the truth". :lol:

Me, I think it's great that people help other Mean Green Nation and GMG.com members who need extra tickets. Like Emmitt said, if you are just an on-going mooch, well, not so much, but you definitely know who you are and so do your friends! Giving your tickets away when you can't be there makes it certain that your seats will be used and the folks who use them may come to the next game and buy tickets or become season ticket holders. UNT needs "rears in the seats" for its games, and this assures that seats are filled. I agree that folks who just mooch all the time should be "cut off" and made to buy their own tickets, but when you can help someone out, that makes great sense to me.

Anyway, let's fill Fouts for the Rice game tomorrow! Be there and let's help the Mean Green win #1 in 2010! GO MEAN GREEN!

We had to give away some tickets last year for basketball (stupid noon game and family obligations), I don't know why JJ and the athletic department can't just schedule around my schedule! :P

I am TOTALLY against people who continuously show up to games looking to mooch a ticket or who forego buying season tickets to try to scam tickets all season long.

Which seems to be exactly what is going on in this thread. I'm with you, there's nothing wrong with helping someone out who you know who's coming or whatever now and then. But to go out and encourage people who come to seek free tickets that are so rediculously dirt cheap compared to most college games these days isn't necessary.

Rick

• Upvote 2