Football Webcast Quality

Orange County Owl

Hello to all (I come in peace) from a RIce fan/alum living out in Southern California. I lived in Dallas from '94-'99 - and still listen to The Ticket 3-4 days/week, including your own George Dunham.

Anyway - curious as to everyone's perceptions re: the quality of your football webcasts. I know that many schools without blanket TV coverage (including us) have been investing in equipment, personnel, etc.. to improve quality - but wanted to get a feel prior to purchasing what is essentially a $10 PPV.

Thanks in advance - and best of luck on your season from Sunday on. :)

Edited by Orange County Owl

The webcasts are craptastic.

Don't pay unless it is absolutely the only option available to see the game.

Did you watch any last year ? They were always crap in the past , but I've heard that improved last year.

Might want to give channelsurfing.net a try too. They always have about 20 games on saturday

The webcasts are craptastic.

Don't pay unless it is absolutely the only option available to see the game.

areed...absolutely crap...go to other sites and see HD video feeds...go to MGSports and crap...you will be lucky if you are able to see the entire game. It appears no one in the athletic dept...RV....are doing anything about this ONGOING situation....enjoy the game.

They vastly improved it last year. Much smoother than in previous years.

As for channelsurfing.net, it's a crapshoot as to what kind of quality you'll get. I usually get a feed that reminds me of the old Mean Green Premium feeds, or worse--stuttering, stopping, and losing it altogether. Then again, it is free.

Personally, I plan to watch the game on Mean Green Premium. Not as good as TV, and definitely not as good as being there, but it is a decent distant third.

Hello to all (I come in peace) from a RIce fan/alum living out in Southern California. I lived in Dallas from '94-'99 - and still listen to The Ticket 3-4 days/week, including your own George Dunham.

Anyway - curious as to everyone's perceptions re: the quality of your football webcasts. I know that many schools without blanket TV coverage (including us) have been investing in equipment, personnel, etc.. to improve quality - but wanted to get a feel prior to purchasing what is essentially a $10 PPV.

Thanks in advance - and best of luck on your season from Sunday on. :)

what um....do you like your gig?

They vastly improved it last year. Much smoother than in previous years.

As for channelsurfing.net, it's a crapshoot as to what kind of quality you'll get. I usually get a feed that reminds me of the old Mean Green Premium feeds, or worse--stuttering, stopping, and losing it altogether. Then again, it is free.

Personally, I plan to watch the game on Mean Green Premium. Not as good as TV, and definitely not as good as being there, but it is a decent distant third.

I plan to watch on MG Premium also.....its better than nothing, barely....but worth 10 bucks anyday.

You guys that are watching it online should make use of our new chatroom during the game. It has a link at the top of this page.

Here is the direct link: http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/index.php?app=ipchat

That's what I do during basketball season. Open two screens and chat while I'm watching the game. And having to deal with those hoolagans CMJ and P1. :lol:

Edited by DeepGreen