Tyler Stradford

gangrene

0-1 passing, 0 catches for 0 yards

As (my) luck would have it, I had major TV issues and spent almost the entire first half on the phone with my service provider (I knew I should have gone to Pour house). Anyway, I only saw Stradford targeted once in the second half. What happened? I was expecting at least 5 catches and 75 yards.

Likewise, I don't recall seeing Riley in the game either. The box score shows he had one carry for one yard. Were Tyler and Riley underutilized or did Clemson just have them covered all game?

0-1 passing, 0 catches for 0 yards

As (my) luck would have it, I had major TV issues and spent almost the entire first half on the phone with my service provider (I knew I should have gone to Pour house). Anyway, I only saw Stradford targeted once in the second half. What happened? I was expecting at least 5 catches and 75 yards.

Likewise, I don't recall seeing Riley in the game either. The box score shows he had one carry for one yard. Were Tyler and Riley underutilized or did Clemson just have them covered all game?

I listened to the KNTU broadcast, so someone who watched could tell you a lot more than I could. Riley came in at QB on 3rd and short and picked up the first. Other than that, he was pretty quiet. I thought it was Jamaal Jackson who threw the incompletion, but I guess it was Stradford. Someone commented on the board that would have been a good play for Riley, and I agree. Coach Dodge had said something about lining Riley up at QB about 10-12 times a game, and it wasn't close. Maybe the coaches felt that package would not be successful against the Clemson D.

It sounded like they had Stradford pretty well covered, and the line really was not giving Tune time to throw the deep throws that typically would have gone to Stradford.

I listened to the KNTU broadcast, so someone who watched could tell you a lot more than I could. Riley came in at QB on 3rd and short and picked up the first. Other than that, he was pretty quiet. I thought it was Jamaal Jackson who threw the incompletion, but I guess it was Stradford. Someone commented on the board that would have been a good play for Riley, and I agree. Coach Dodge had said something about lining Riley up at QB about 10-12 times a game, and it wasn't close. Maybe the coaches felt that package would not be successful against the Clemson D.

It sounded like they had Stradford pretty well covered, and the line really was not giving Tune time to throw the deep throws that typically would have gone to Stradford.

Then why didn't the coaching staff give Tune more protection. It was usually 1 guy breaking free. Put a blocker next to Tune and he would have had more time. NOT IMPRESSED WITH CANALES

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 10

so is this why Stradford is not at OU anymore, because of his inability to break away from the big boy Corners and safeties. Stradford was supposed to be the teams go to guy and pulls a fat goose-egg. Hope this is only an aberration and not what the future holds.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1