Dodge Confident In Passing Game

UNTLifer

I think this season will be good for Dodge. All kidding about eating hotdogs on the sideline aside, it's got to be good for him mentally to have Canales there and functioning on his own. In the post game interviews last season, Dodge just sounded beaten down and utterly unable to understand why things weren't working.

My hope is that Canales saves his job and shows the college football world that this is a worthy place to have a coaching job. If we can put together a winning season, I do think it will snowball into more winning seasons. The Sun Belt simply isn't that tough. But, we need to prove we can roll through it again.

With a few winning seasons, maybe as few as two, under his belt, I think bigger schools will come looking for Dodge. Look at what happened to Turner Gill. The guy has one winning season in three at Buffalo, and all of the sudden he's the head coach at a Big 12 school. The same can happen for Dodge.

In my estimation, the whole thing hinges on Canales. I fully expect that we will do ourselves proud at Clemson then beat Rice and Army. Many fear MTSU and Troy. For whatever reason, I just don't this season. I've always argued that coaching is the X-factor. Well, this season will either prove me right or wrong.

Going into the season, though, I hold that new coaches Canales and Conroy are enough of a bump up in experience to match any other Sun Belt coaching staff. And, I trust that they will be paying attention to the game and making adjustments rather than chasing down defensive players who may come off the field dropping f-bombs.

That's what we've needed. Coaches who pay attention and make in-game adjustments. I'm certain Canales and Conroy can do it...and, give Dodge some happier post game interviews and a more relaxing fall and winter.

Beenie Weenie.

• Upvote 1

I think our entire offense will be better this season, but I really think our defense will make a huge jump. I have alot of faith in DeLoach and in his third year back I expect to see a defense that is capable of getting key stops and turnovers...

I just hope Canales lives up to half of the expectations you have of him Lonnie. Will he walk on water at the home opener against Rice? Because if he does walk on water and live up to half of your expectations, this team will take a 5 year step forward in one season. Unfortunately, he does not suit in pads nor a cape for a game. He will have to wear a shirt with the Under Armour logo on it, not an "S". I thought Deloach was getting a pass the past couple of seasons, but man he took a beating compared to the posts about Canales. I hope Canales is successful, but it still comes down to the players on the field.

I think this season will be good for Dodge. All kidding about eating hotdogs on the sideline aside, it's got to be good for him mentally to have Canales there and functioning on his own. In the post game interviews last season, Dodge just sounded beaten down and utterly unable to understand why things weren't working.

My hope is that Canales saves his job and shows the college football world that this is a worthy place to have a coaching job. If we can put together a winning season, I do think it will snowball into more winning seasons. The Sun Belt simply isn't that tough. But, we need to prove we can roll through it again.

With a few winning seasons, maybe as few as two, under his belt, I think bigger schools will come looking for Dodge. Look at what happened to Turner Gill. The guy has one winning season in three at Buffalo, and all of the sudden he's the head coach at a Big 12 school. The same can happen for Dodge.

In my estimation, the whole thing hinges on Canales. I fully expect that we will do ourselves proud at Clemson then beat Rice and Army. Many fear MTSU and Troy. For whatever reason, I just don't this season. I've always argued that coaching is the X-factor. Well, this season will either prove me right or wrong.

Going into the season, though, I hold that new coaches Canales and Conroy are enough of a bump up in experience to match any other Sun Belt coaching staff. And, I trust that they will be paying attention to the game and making adjustments rather than chasing down defensive players who may come off the field dropping f-bombs.

That's what we've needed. Coaches who pay attention and make in-game adjustments. I'm certain Canales and Conroy can do it...and, give Dodge some happier post game interviews and a more relaxing fall and winter.

Beenie Weenie.

cart-before-horse-2.jpg