Question For Clemson Fans On The Board

Harry

Obviously Parker is a major weapon but I am interested on your other bell cow guys.

On our side of the fence, RB Lance Dunbar is our main weapon and if you can box him in it will be tough for us. I think Dunbar will be one of the best running backs you face this season.

Our offensive line is the most experienced we have had in a long time. I think I read they have 89 starts between them. At RB Andre Ellington is a smaller quick shifting type back. He averaged 7.5 ypc as a back up last year. Jamie Harper is a larger back that is the faster of the two but not as shifty making people miss. He will catch some passes also. FB Chad Diel is a road grader, but rarely gets a carry.

TE Duane Allen is very athletic and has great hands, but he hasn't had the production last year as a freshman backing up Sr Palmer. We have a few WR's that have shown flashes of greatness, but they haven't shown it every play. All but one WR spot is up for grabs so far this year with no player rising above the rest.

Defense is full of depth everywhere except LB. We are in better shape there than we were last year, but still lack a lot of experience. DE Bowers, DT Jenkins and S Mcdainel are the headliners.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Obviously Parker is a major weapon but I am interested on your other bell cow guys.

On our side of the fence, RB Lance Dunbar is our main weapon and if you can box him in it will be tough for us. I think Dunbar will be one of the best running backs you face this season.

Just got a text from a buddy on campus who just walked by someone wearing a Clemson shirt. WTH????

Our offensive line is the most experienced we have had in a long time. I think I read they have 89 starts between them. At RB Andre Ellington is a smaller quick shifting type back. He averaged 7.5 ypc as a back up last year. Jamie Harper is a larger back that is the faster of the two but not as shifty making people miss. He will catch some passes also. FB Chad Diel is a road grader, but rarely gets a carry.

TE Duane Allen is very athletic and has great hands, but he hasn't had the production last year as a freshman backing up Sr Palmer. We have a few WR's that have shown flashes of greatness, but they haven't shown it every play. All but one WR spot is up for grabs so far this year with no player rising above the rest.

Defense is full of depth everywhere except LB. We are in better shape there than we were last year, but still lack a lot of experience. DE Bowers, DT Jenkins and S Mcdainel are the headliners.

Thanks Clem! You expecting them to smashmouth us? That's my guess and then the play action once we load up. Also how are yalls special teams?

Thanks Clem! You expecting them to smashmouth us? That's my guess and then the play action once we load up. Also how are yalls special teams?

Last year our special teams were great in the return game, but C.J. Spiller and Jacoby Ford are in the NFL now. People didn't kick to Spiller much. He returned only 22 kicks and I think he returned 5 of them for TD's. The rest they kicked out of bounds. Gilcrest is set to return kicks this year and he did that some as a freshman. I expect the return game is weaker this year than last. On coverage we gave up to much last year and I can't tell you we wil be any better this year until I see it.

A walk on kicker has been the most solid in practice so far. The punter is reliable and played last year.

I hope the weather will be good. Last year we were cursed with monsoon rains. One game my son and I were at there were two one hour lightning delays.

Last year our special teams were great in the return game, but C.J. Spiller and Jacoby Ford are in the NFL now. People didn't kick to Spiller much. He returned only 22 kicks and I think he returned 5 of them for TD's. The rest they kicked out of bounds. Gilcrest is set to return kicks this year and he did that some as a freshman. I expect the return game is weaker this year than last. On coverage we gave up to much last year and I can't tell you we wil be any better this year until I see it.

A walk on kicker has been the most solid in practice so far. The punter is reliable and played last year.

I hope the weather will be good. Last year we were cursed with monsoon rains. One game my son and I were at there were two one hour lightning delays.

At least this makes me feel slightly better about our special teams situation.

If by good meal you mean a meat and veggies maybe someone else could give info. I usually hit the Tiger Town Tavern for a few bourbons then walk to the ESSO Club,(it is near the stadium), and get a hotdog plate and a few beers. They have other food also, but I like their hotdog chili plus with fries it holds me all day and isn't expensive. There a lot of eating places out near the interstate, but with the traffic they hard to get in and out of. Clemson is a small town that swells to the 3rd largest city in South Carolina on game day. Be patient.

For parking there is a YMCA off the lake about 2 miles from the stadium. They have a huge field and charge $10.00 to park. They also provide a free shuttle servivce to and from the stadium.

If by good meal you mean a meat and veggies maybe someone else could give info. I usually hit the Tiger Town Tavern for a few bourbons then walk to the ESSO Club,(it is near the stadium), and get a hotdog plate and a few beers. They have other food also, but I like their hotdog chili plus with fries it holds me all day and isn't expensive. There a lot of eating places out near the interstate, but with the traffic they hard to get in and out of. Clemson is a small town that swells to the 3rd largest city in South Carolina on game day. Be patient.

For parking there is a YMCA off the lake about 2 miles from the stadium. They have a huge field and charge $10.00 to park. They also provide a free shuttle servivce to and from the stadium.

Do you like trying new restaurants? Do you like only the finest food?

• Upvote 3

Clemson is a small town that swells to the 3rd largest city in South Carolina on game day. Be patient.

How can I be patient knowing I'm in the 3rd largest city in South Carolina!?

• Downvote 1

Some of our fans really enjoyed your look-a-likes that "GoMeanGreen" posted. The responses were scattered over other boards a couple of weeks ago unfortunately.

Come on over to the Tigernet. B)

http://tigernet2.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=9356834

http://tigernet2.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=9358831

Hey you will have fun in Clemson. There is a first game parade Friday at five or six. Lots of fans and students. Everything in Clemson is on three or four streets about five miles total. Bars are all downtown with exception of the ESSO club a Clemson tradition. Good parking at the YMCA. Paws Diner is a meat and veggie place and cheap. Higher priced is (Pixie and Bills) and Calhoun Corners, but they give you forks to eat with...jk. Reservations a must there. You can usually get food and drinks from about any Clemson tailgater. We are a friendly bunch and want you to have a good time in Clemson. Get there early and wonder around all the tailgaters and have a blast!

Hey you will have fun in Clemson. There is a first game parade Friday at five or six. Lots of fans and students. Everything in Clemson is on three or four streets about five miles total. Bars are all downtown with exception of the ESSO club a Clemson tradition. Good parking at the YMCA. Paws Diner is a meat and veggie place and cheap. Higher priced is (Pixie and Bills) and Calhoun Corners, but they give you forks to eat with...jk. Reservations a must there. You can usually get food and drinks from about any Clemson tailgater. We are a friendly bunch and want you to have a good time in Clemson. Get there early and wonder around all the tailgaters and have a blast!

DOes the YMCA have a Pendleton address ? I can't find an add for one in Clemson

DOes the YMCA have a Pendleton address ? I can't find an add for one in Clemson

The YMCA is actually a seneca address...

Google Maps has it listed as YMCA Circle, Seneca, SC

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=YMCA+Circle,+Seneca,+SC&daddr=34.6924643,-82.845486+to:34.6909443,-82.8342279+to:34.6906024,-82.8316343+to:Greenville,+SC&geocode=FUA8EQIdQKoP-yl36y5KTF5YiDHxA45MuQsaag%3BFXBdEQId0uAP-ylFfjNqXl5YiDF5OWFuEV-IVQ%3BFYBXEQIdzQwQ-ymZRviCY15YiDFRW1AJQKR3Dw%3BFSpWEQId7hYQ-yl9oIZUY15YiDH8f6wmH4F1Xg%3BFQrPEwIdZsQW-ykFEfpiZo9XiDGWdiW_d52q2A&hl=en&mra=dvme&mrcr=0&mrsp=3&sz=13&via=1,2,3&sll=34.71396,-82.794685&sspn=0.088192,0.181789&ie=UTF8&ll=34.685946,-82.849789&spn=0.022055,0.045447&t=h&z=15