Talked To Tcu'er Yesterday: "jerry Jones Is Gouging

PlummMeanGreen

If you've lost the ability to recognize playful sarcasm as heralded by the sunglasses guy, it is going to be a long season. I was only joking back with you. I never counted, but I bet you've only posted 200-250 times max. It was a big week for deep snappers and various local chapters of the exes, but it wasn't THAT big. B)

He wears sunglasses because he's joking -- just like in the bible!

It's ALWAYS a big week for deep snappers and the various local chapters of the Alumni Association. Man, "exes", you are so far out of the loop that you can't even see yesterday.:huh: Back at ya! :shocking::lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

It's ALWAYS a big week for deep snappers and the various local chapters of the Alumni Association. Man, "exes", you are so far out of the loop that you can't even see yesterday.:huh: Back at ya! :shocking::lol:

Now I got your goat. Don't worry, I'm a card-carrying member of the Alumni Association and I share your love of the snapper. Don't discount me just because we've been distant this summer. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

• Downvote 1

Re-read your first remark... didn't mean to put words in your mouth... perception of TCU folks being the haves versus the rest of us have nots just gets exaggerated. I know there kids there that act like its SMU but most of them are good hard working people...

No offense meant by "bud"; just an old habit from FW oldtimers I use to work with...

Guess we'll be priced out of games....

Very true. These days even smu isn't as lilly white and privileged as we like to think. Around 80% are on some kind of financial aid. Sure, there are plenty of snobby rich types at both, but I know a lot of people who graduated from those two schools who aren't exactly what I would call the "elite."

• Upvote 2

Now I got your goat. Don't worry, I'm a card-carrying member of the Alumni Association and I share your love of the snapper. Don't discount me just because we've been distant this summer. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

you two get a room and take the romance elsewhere. :P

• Upvote 1

Arkansas is already playing there (against A$M) every year for 10 years and ticket prices are the same if not more. $45 is not bad for a major college matchup in a primo stadium. The price for the NT/KSU game in dumpy Fouts is $35. The fact that TCU/OSU has only sold ~30,000 tickets total shows how few fans and alums TCU has and why they will not be asked into the Big12 anytime soon.

Cheapest Hog ticket for the game is $85 and that is the upper deck endzone ticket. To have a spot non endzone will set you back $125 per ticket, and to have lower level it will set you back $300 a ticket, plus a donation to the Razorback Foundation.

The average ticket price in the Big 12 is much $20-30 higher than this game. They have spent 3 years demanding and proclaiming that they belong is this league. The prices suck, but that's what it costs to see OSU, A&M, OU, UT or anyone else play a premium home game against Slapdick State.

Again, put up or shut up.

I bought tickets last week to game in Little Rock for a non-SEC opponent and paid $55 per ticket. I would say the avg. ticket per say in the Big 12 is just like you said, WELL over $20-$30 per ticket.

Cheapest Hog ticket for the game is $85 and that is the upper deck endzone ticket. To have a spot non endzone will set you back $125 per ticket, and to have lower level it will set you back $300 a ticket, plus a donation to the Razorback Foundation.

I bought tickets last week to game in Little Rock for a non-SEC opponent and paid $55 per ticket. I would say the avg. ticket per say in the Big 12 is just like you said, WELL over $20-$30 per ticket.

I meant to say it was $20-30 more than $55, but ended up just taking a dump on my keyboard with my fingers. I didn't even think about minimum donation levels for tickets either.

I meant to say it was $20-30 more than $55, but ended up just taking a dump on my keyboard with my fingers. I didn't even think about minimum donation levels for tickets either.

Oh I gotcha....I think the avg. OU ticket price sits at $90 a ticket. Yea the only way I could get lower level tickets for the Hogs game in Dallas was a minimum donation + 300 per seat. But as you know, that game was sold out last year.

Oh I gotcha....I think the avg. OU ticket price sits at $90 a ticket. Yea the only way I could get lower level tickets for the Hogs game in Dallas was a minimum donation + 300 per seat. But as you know, that game was sold out last year.

Except that it wasn't.

Except that it wasn't.

Both schools sold their initial allotments at the $50, $75 and $125 ranges, but the club and nose bleeds were left open. Still, 70K plus for the OU and TAMU games while TCU is crossing their fingers for 50K doesn't look very good.

Sad thing is, if this were UNT that came into the season ranked #5 after 8 or 9 years of football success with membership in a BCS conference possibly riding on the attendance of this game, is there any doubt that 60k plus would be in attendance?

Sigh...what could should have been...sigh

I think some posters in this thread have MASSIVELY over-estimated the size of the TCU fan-base.

Edited by TIgreen01

Both schools sold their initial allotments at the $50, $75 and $125 ranges, but the club and nose bleeds were left open. Still, 70K plus for the OU and TAMU games while TCU is crossing their fingers for 50K doesn't look very good.

They should cross their fingers for 35K. I don't think they sniff 50K.

Actually my family that attended TCU that is going to the game got tickets for $36. That is the cheapest seating. Maybe they are sold out of those tickets.

In addition TCU/Jerryworld ran a special with Groupon just two weeks ago where you could purchase the tickets for $15 up to 8 tickets and the $75 seats were marked down to $35. That has to be contracted through Jerry Jones. More than 2000 people purchase tickets through Groupon that day. I'm assuming they probably sold close to 8,000 tickets just from that special.

There was a report a few years back (don't remember where I saw it) that UT, Tech and aTm has more alumni living in the metroplex than TCU has graduated in their entire history. That might explain some of the discrepancy, but there's no doubt that FW in particular doesn't support TCU with attendance in proportion to its population.