Germaine Dawson

Marty

Glad he is being punished, but this is really a sad deal. To me, the real story is the fact that two young men lost their lives over drugs. Germaine, 22 or 23 years old, gets shot and killed over a bad deal, and this young man, 18 years old, gets life in prison with his earliest chance at parole being when he is 58 years old. What a waste.

Glad he is being punished, but this is really a sad deal. To me, the real story is the fact that two young men lost their lives over drugs. Germaine, 22 or 23 years old, gets shot and killed over a bad deal, and this young man, 18 years old, gets life in prison with his earliest chance at parole being when he is 58 years old. What a waste.

Agree...what a waste. ABSOLUTELY nothing good comes from messing around with drugs. Sad, really sad, but a scene replayed way too many times in way to many communities across this great land of ours.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Justice is served but it is sad when two young lives are wasted. Jermaine had a bright soul and a bright future. Now neither one of them have a future. Rest in peace Jermaine. I miss you brother.

• Upvote 1

Justice is served but it is sad when two young lives are wasted. Jermaine had a bright soul and a bright future. Now neither one of them have a future. Rest in peace Jermaine. I miss you brother.

Agree 100%. If you knew him well enough to call him "brother" can you shed any light on why he would be messed up in something like this in the first place? It always puzzles me when i read stuff like this and then hear the young person "had a bright soul and a bright future" indicating that the situation was out of the ordinary for the person involved. Why do they get into this stuff in the first place when they do seem to have such a bright future? I am really saddened by this sort of thing and look for answers as to "why"...which, of course, are rarely apparent.

Yeah it's a mystery to a lot of the people who knew him. When he lived with me for a summer in college he never messed with any of that stuff. We couldn't even talk him into drinking with us. My best guess is that he was friends with some people that were mixed up with that crowd and was doing a favor for a shady character. A bad decision that cost him the ultimate price. That's all speculation and we may never know truely why. All I can speak on is what I saw and knew. But it's a good and tragic lesson on the dangers that can befall anyone that age if poor choices are made.

Yeah it's a mystery to a lot of the people who knew him. When he lived with me for a summer in college he never messed with any of that stuff. We couldn't even talk him into drinking with us. My best guess is that he was friends with some people that were mixed up with that crowd and was doing a favor for a shady character. A bad decision that cost him the ultimate price. That's all speculation and we may never know truely why. All I can speak on is what I saw and knew. But it's a good and tragic lesson on the dangers that can befall anyone that age if poor choices are made.

My brother worked this case from day 1 at Lewisville PD. From what I know, this is a pretty accurate post. Tragic situation.