Nathan Tune Is The Starting Qb

MeanGreenSoHo

Congratulations to Nathan Tune and family. This is good news and good to get it behind the team as they prepare for Clemson. We are so very lucky to have both Tune and Thompson (and our other QB's for that matter as well) to lead the team into the season. I feel very confident in the QB's this season and it will only help to have Riley able to play a snap or two each game to keep the defenses on their toes. Can you imagine what defensive coordinators on opposing teams will have to game plan for now that they did not have to worry about a season ago? I can't wait for the season to start. I am 100% convinced that the Mean Green faithful will see a very new and improved Mean Green hit the field at Clemson on Sept. 4th.

GO MEAN GREEN. Time to strap on the helmets and tee it off!

• Upvote 2

Congratulations to Nathan Tune and family. This is good news and good to get it behind the team as they prepare for Clemson. We are so very lucky to have both Tune and Thompson (and our other QB's for that matter as well) to lead the team into the season. I feel very confident in the QB's this season and it will only help to have Riley able to play a snap or two each game to keep the defenses on their toes. Can you imagine what defensive coordinators on opposing teams will have to game plan for now that they did not have to worry about a season ago? I can't wait for the season to start. I am 100% convinced that the Mean Green faithful will see a very new and improved Mean Green hit the field at Clemson on Sept. 4th.

GO MEAN GREEN. Time to strap on the helmets and tee it off!

Here Here...Congrats Nathan!

Tune, Thompson and Baine, with a splash of Dodge. That is a helluva drink!

I think we'll see Thompson get plenty of action this year to prepare him to lead in 2011 and 2012. I hope Baine sees the field too.

Congratulations to all of these men.

Quote from Vito's DRC Mean Green Blog

Tune will now begin preparing to open the season at Clemson. Dodge said that UNT won't rotate quarterbacks and that Tune won't have to look over his shoulder while taking snaps this season.

"We are not going to waiver any more," Dodge said, "Nate will be our starter.

Edited by MeanGreen61
  • Upvote 1

What would this board be without a quarterback controversy! lol I can't remember a time when that was not the theme.

Congratz to Tune! Bring home the wins!

I just hope Todge sticks with one QB/game with a few trick plays incorporating the other dudes. I hate the 2 QB rotation within games. I do like Nathan Tune as our starter and hope we win 'em all!

Hope to See #11 take about 5 to 10 snaps per game at QB as Tune gives absolutely zero running threat to the defense.

I suspect that we will see this scenario, and in fact it excites me to think of the damages that could be inflicted on defenses with this approach.

Hope to See #11 take about 5 to 10 snaps per game at QB as Tune gives absolutely zero running threat to the defense.

Our #11 in the early 00's didn't pose much of a threat to run and it didn't seem to cause many problems. I just don't think that will be a bi concern this year and that Nathan will do just fine.

I suspect that we will see this scenario, and in fact it excites me to think of the damages that could be inflicted on defenses with this approach.

"We are not going to waiver any more," Dodge said, "Nate will be our starter." -- Gosh, I hope he's not talking about putting folks on waivers, because I don't think that's supposed to happen in college ball, and we don't want another USC situation. Of course, I'm all for Dodge saying they do not plan to "waver" any more.

• Downvote 1

Our #11 in the early 00's didn't pose much of a threat to run and it didn't seem to cause many problems. I just don't think that will be a bi concern this year and that Nathan will do just fine.

I don't believe Thompson provides much of a running threat either. He ran a 4.7 in the last timing. Nathan Tune has no 40 time listed, but I seem to remember he ran a 4.6 coming out of Celina.

I don't believe Thompson provides much of a running threat either. He ran a 4.7 in the last timing. Nathan Tune has no 40 time listed, but I seem to remember he ran a 4.6 coming out of Celina.

I don't think Tune runs anywhere near that fast. If he did that was not accurate. Tim Tebow just ran a 4.78 and he is a running threat. If Tune could run that fast he would be a running threat too. Donavan McNabb was a 4.6 40 guy....

I don't think Tune runs anywhere near that fast. If he did that was not accurate. Tim Tebow just ran a 4.78 and he is a running threat. If Tune could run that fast he would be a running threat too. Donavan McNabb was a 4.6 40 guy....

After Tune throws the interception he will be running that fast to the sideline of another game were going to lose. Bad bad pick by Dodge. But season has not started just yet.

• Downvote 10

I was personally pulling for Thompson to show something extra, but only because I thought he had more upside. And, we might need a lot of upside in this very important season coming up.

But, TD sees these guys every day and knows who is best for the job right now. Plus, Dodge has an awful lot riding on this decision. I am sure it was not taken lightly.

Congrat's Nathan !! You can do it.

• Upvote 3

Hurrah!!! We have a starting QB. I would love to see Nathan bring home the wins from the O side and keep their D on the field a long time. And would like our D to force a 3 and out on our opponents O.

Go Mean Green FB Team.

Look forward to our first win of the season at Clemson.

• Upvote 1