Holy Wac Batman.... Now What?

NT80

No one rushed to save us when the WAC fired what appeared to be the kill shot, and would have been had UNT and ULL not held firm.

It is in our interest to put the WAC out of business. The question is are there 8 university presidents in the Sun Belt willing to cast votes to add Tech and NMSU.

Agreed.

Gut feeling on it? I feel like NMSU would be welcomed back fairly easily. Tech might run into some serious resistance though. Think there would be enough "stick it to em'" mentality among a few of the schools not to ok it?

Without Fresno St., Nevada, and Boise the WAC is a no go. I think the SB should drop some of the current member and pick up some of the WAC members. Personally I would like to see both Louisiana schools go and possibly the FL schools.

What happened here? I thought the WAC name was so good that it was where we should be. Are you admitting that you may have been wrong?

--How can anyone honestly consider UNT joining the WAC. It is a dying conference... with no future...

--I have consistantly said that joining that thing would be as terrible mistake.... teams that wanted to leave (and have) plus spread out... and in a terrible time zone with gets little media attention..... and too much travel especially for non-football sports. . I would let LaTech and NMSU back in the Belt.... but not the rest.

---It has always looked like a dying duck to me. Too many problems...

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

I know there has been discussion of the Belt trying to grab NMSU and La Tech. But what happens to the WAC is just one more of the six leave. Don't they fall below the six schools together for five years rule and lose just about everything? No auto qualifiers for basketball, baseball, golf, etc. All the basketball units revert to their original teams. Adding new teams doesn't help if one more leaves.

And at the presser today, Benson said the $5 million no longer applies to the remaining six. I didn't hear the explanation of that, but the La Tech folks are thinking that is their out to join CUSA. The mail carrier is just late getting the invitation to them.

The WAC dying? Just because 16 teams leave in the span of 11 years shouldn't be misconstrued as a problem with the league.

Some really smart posters here told me they left for better opportunities because of how great the WAC is. I mean, if a boss gets 16 employees promoted in 11 years, he must be one heck of a boss.

/Wank

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3