Fresno Will Join The Mwc

MeanGreen61

3:56 p.m.: Fresno State will announce this evening that it has accepted an invitation to join the Mountain West Conference, a source with knowledge of the situation told The Bee this afternoon.

Sez the Fresno Bee

http://www.fresnobee.com/2010/08/18/2045731/fresno-state-to-join-mwc.html

Situation doesn't make much sense if Fresno replaces BYU in the MWC. I thought you had to have 8 football members to be an FBS conference? I think wires are crossed somewhere.

MWC and WAC are fighting each other for life right now. MWC needs to pull in Nevada and Fresno to 1)keep Boise from bolting back to WAC and 2)kill the WAC so there is no basketball conference for BYU to join (though I'm sure there are plenty others to join). We're about to witness the death a conference here I think.

LATEST UPDATES

4:58 p.m.: Fresno State officials are scrambling to put together a news conference for this evening.

In Reno, television station KOLO reports that the Nevada athletic department has confirmed that it's discussing the Mountain West invitation and may be making an announcement tonight.

Read more: http://www.fresnobee.com/2010/08/18/2045731/fresno-state-to-join-mwc.html#ixzz0x0QQ4KEy