Catching Up With Jordan Williams

Brett Vito

Williams said that he is one of a few top players in the Dallas area talking about coming to UNT together.

I had to change my pants after reading this

You took the underwear right off of my..........uh, words right out of my mouth.

This may be a very special class.

Williams said that he is one of a few top players in the Dallas area talking about coming to UNT together.

Doesn't bode well for Avery Redmon!

Why? Redmond already opted to walk-on despite UNT still having an available scholarship...tells me he wasn't walking on as a freshman with the expectation he'd be offered down the road.

Metroplex Hoops mentioned that one or two other surprise big names might commit to us sooner than later. K-State forum 2011 recruit thread says that rumor is at least one other "high-major type" may be on the horizon for us.

I like the sound of the Metroplex Hoops article. Also really like that the Kyan Anderson article says that he hasn't made any decisions yet and is willing to consider all programs. A stud PG in addition to Jordan would make this one hell of a recruiting class.

This verbal and the way he talks about trying to get other top players to come to UNT with him has be tingling with excitement!

Reminds me of Chris Leak and my beloved Florida Gators. He was at an all star game and looked into the camera and said "I want to invite all the best players in the country to come win a national championship with me at Florida!"

So, this now begs the question...where are we getting the huge bag of cash to money whip Johnny to stay at North Texas?

Getting a couple of other top DFW players to commit as well would be amazing. The circle would now be complete. Finally, that upper eschlon local talent would be staying put and fueling the growth of UNT's program like everyone always talks about.

Congrats to JJ and staff. The hard work is paying off in spades.

So, this now begs the question...where are we getting the huge bag of cash to money whip Johnny to stay at North Texas?

Getting a couple of other top DFW players to commit as well would be amazing. The circle would now be complete. Finally, that upper eschlon local talent would be staying put and fueling the growth of UNT's program like everyone always talks about.

Congrats to JJ and staff. The hard work is paying off in spades.

I like to think JJ will appreciate a good crowd.

• Upvote 1

I like to think JJ will appreciate a good crowd.

Exactly....this is really exciting news for JJ and what he has been doing locally. UNT BB is continuing its rise to be one of the top programs around and certainly one with a bright future. Can't wait to see how far this year's team can go in the NCAA's! Great job JJ and team.

GO MEAN GREEN!

I wonder if his current teammate AJ Price is drawing any interest from JJ as well..

My money says that is exactly who he is referring to...at the least. If he choices are local...he has UNT..TCU...and SMU. Between the three only one has a program currently doing anything (even if it took the DMN some hate mail to realize that). AJ would be a most welcome addition indeed!