Going On Record

emmitt01

In his interview series with Troy Phillips, Dodge admitted making mistakes since becoming a college head coach and learning from them and the job. I think he has and is more ready this season to make in-game adjustments as needed.

That said, the first four games of the season will tell the tale:

@ Clemson

Rice

@ Army

@ FAU

A difficult mine field of road games and not an easy home game. I doubt we are favored in any of the four. 2-2 and we have a winner this year. 1-3 and there is still a glimmer of hope. But 0-4 and it doesn't look good for the good guys

• Upvote 1

Emmitt has been hitting the Panty-Dropper!

I'm already at 7 - 5, maybe a glass of what he's having will get me there.

Seriously, I like what I read and see about what is happening on the practice field and think we're due. Coach Dodge, we want you and your staff to git 'er done!

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 2

I sure hope you guys are right. It seems like there has been a positive turnaround in just about every aspect of the program with Dodge, EXCEPT W's. Would sure like to see those this year. I still really want to believe that he is best for these kids and this program.

Edited by Dodgebacker

"Dodge admitted making mistakes since becoming a college head coach and learning from them and the job. I think he has and is more ready this season to make in-game adjustments as needed."

Admitting your mistakes and actually making adjustments is not an easy thing for any coach to do. Coach Dodge gets a lot of praise from me for trying to do whatever it takes to get this team turned around.

I totally agree that we are on the right track. I just hope that it is not too late.

I look at this roster and see what appears to be improvements everywhere.......except the most important position. This is not a criticism of our QB's. But, we are going to be asking a lot from two guys with very little experience. Whoever gets the nod, Nathan or Derek, will have to play at a higher level than would normally be expected from them considering their experience level. If they can protect the football, show some poise in the pocket and make some key throws at critical times, we might be able to get to that 7 win mark. Choosing the right QB for the job could make or break this season for our coach.

It is going to be very interesting if we win only 5 or 6 games, but show a lot of obvious improvement. If that happens, do you make a coaching switch ? I understand that a 7 win ultimatim needed to be put into place. But, if you are RV, do you really stick to it if this team shows a lot of improvement otherwise ?

It's going to be a very entertaining season. I really want to see Coach Dodge open up the new stadium next season, if at all possible.

I can't wait for this season to start !

• Upvote 2

I hope RV sticks with the ultimatum. Dodge finally has the coaching staff where it should have been 4 years ago. 5-6 wins this year cant make one forget all the BS this program went through just so he can finally right his wrongs. 7 wins or he should be canned. Period. New stadium, new chapter for UNT football, new head coach.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Oh God, here we all go again.

Every year this happens without fail.

I want to be wrong. I really, really do. But, I am sticking with my 5-7 record. At first, i thought 4-8. But, i think we are going to get a few bounces go our way and so 5-7.

I give absolutely no kuddos to Dodge (as a successful coach) until he actually DOES something worth giving kuddos. I am not going to forget about how we were the worst program in the nation of which Dodge had a huge role in.

I won't get sucked in! I won't!!!!

My heart wants to, but my head says no.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

Oh God, here we all go again.

Every year this happens without fail.

I want to be wrong. I really, really do. But, I am sticking with my 5-7 record. At first, i thought 4-8. But, i think we are going to get a few bounces go our way and so 5-7.

I give absolutely no kuddos to Dodge (as a successful coach) until he actually DOES something worth giving kuddos. I am not going to forget about how we were the worst program in the nation of which Dodge had a huge role in.

I won't get sucked in! I won't!!!!

My heart wants to, but my head says no.

My sentiments exactly. I really, really, really hope we get to 7 wins, but everything would have to go perfectly fot that to happen.