Observations From Thursday's Practice

SUMG

Thanks for your "outside the iron" report SUMG. Many other observers today ?

Yes....several others. Shared the shade tree with Travis and Brett Vito. By the way...for those who think it would be miserable over there watching a practice in the heat of the day....there are a few shady spots. And if you get in one of those....it's not bad, at all.

1) I was watching when Benny Jones got twisted up in a drill...could tell he tweaked his ankle. He walked off later on his own....hopefully it's not serious....as word is that he has had a great camp.

2) On a drill where three WRs went out for passes.....and three QBs threw passes to each one of them...I noticed one WR didn't try to catch the ball. But I thought, "Man, I sure love the way he runs." Anyway when I noticed his number.....it was Darius. So they have him running routes...just not catching the ball. Very smart, IMHO....to have him still doing his route running. I knew he would be out there conditioning....didn't know he'd be running routes. Maybe this is common for guys with hand injuries. I thought it made a lot of sense.

3) Saw something that I hadn't seen at a practice....but I guess has to be practiced ever so often: Coach Seroka had our punters and kickers practicing tackling.

4) If Coach Jeff "Bear" Bryant is who I think he is.....he looks just like Lefty. I don't mean in the face....I mean in the way he stalks around amongst the O linemen. Very similar in appearance.

5) Derrick Teegarden....looked good on the few passes which I saw of his. BTW...when I was out there....Riley practiced only as a WR.

6) I think we're really deep at O line.

7) I liked this guy in the spring....and he still impresses me. He may not ever be more than a backup OL....but Ayodele Adeipe sure looks the part. I actually think he will end up starting for us in the future. But man does he stand out....he's huge. I think since his name is hard to pronounce...he really needs a nickname. Since his initials are AA and he's from California....and he's just this big....I'm calling him The AAC.

8) Starting D line were as you can imagine....AK 47, Obi at ends; K Jax and Shavvod at tackles.

9) It was nice to finally meet fellow poster Travis. Travis, if you have any additions or corrections...please feel free to add and correct.

SUMG

Thanks for putting some info out there for us; a lot of us are hungry for it! +1

Any thoughts on QB SUMG or is it too early to tell?

When I was out there...they weren't going against any D. That may have happened later. So when they're just throwing to WRS...it's sort of hard to pick up on much. I think we'll obviously be able to tell a lot Saturday.

1) I was watching when Benny Jones got twisted up in a drill...could tell he tweaked his ankle. He walked off later on his own....hopefully it's not serious....as word is that he has had a great camp.

2) On a drill where three WRs went out for passes.....and three QBs threw passes to each one of them...I noticed one WR didn't try to catch the ball. But I thought, "Man, I sure love the way he runs." Anyway when I noticed his number.....it was Darius. So they have him running routes...just not catching the ball. Very smart, IMHO....to have him still doing his route running. I knew he would be out there conditioning....didn't know he'd be running routes. Maybe this is common for guys with hand injuries. I thought it made a lot of sense.

3) Saw something that I hadn't seen at a practice....but I guess has to be practiced ever so often: Coach Seroka had our punters and kickers practicing tackling.

4) If Coach Jeff "Bear" Bryant is who I think he is.....he looks just like Lefty. I don't mean in the face....I mean in the way he stalks around amongst the O linemen. Very similar in appearance.

5) Derrick Teegarden....looked good on the few passes which I saw of his. BTW...when I was out there....Riley practiced only as a WR.

6) I think we're really deep at O line.

7) I liked this guy in the spring....and he still impresses me. He may not ever be more than a backup OL....but Ayodele Adeipe (# 79) sure looks the part. I actually think he will end up starting for us in the future. But man does he stand out....he's huge. I think since his name is hard to pronounce...he really needs a nickname. Since his initials are AA and he's from California....and he's just this big....I'm calling him The AAC. (The AAC is what us Metroplex folks call The American Airlines Center).

8) Starting D line were as you can imagine....AK 47, Obi at ends; K Jax and Shavvod at tackles.

9) It was nice to finally meet fellow poster Travis. Travis, if you have any additions or corrections...please feel free to add and correct.

SUMG

Yeah, i think you got it. I liked most seeing a bit more intensity out of the group. A lot of tackling and at it 100%. The tackling drills were fun to watch.

It did look a bit painful for Benny when he got tangled up. He walked off on his own but he had a good limp going back to the AC.