Nt Vs Army

NCMeanGreen

I am getting very excited about the Army game. Has anyone attended a game at Army before? What are the game-day traditions and/or activities? I was wondering what time I should arrive at West Point.

I thought this might help other Mean Green travelers as well.

GO MEAN GREEN!!! BEAT ARMY!!!

There is usually a Cadet Review (parade) at 9:00 AM on football game day. It was cancelled due to very cold weather the last time we were there. There is not a tour of the academy on football game day but the day before the game or the day after the game it is a good activity. It leaves from the West Point Visitors Center. That center is located outside the gate of West Point. Be sure to take a photo ID with you. You will need it to get onto the grounds of the academy for any event - including the football game. You can check their web site for other activities. I am sure that there will be tailgateing hosted by the UNT athletic department. You might contact them to see what they have planned.

There is usually a Cadet Review (parade) at 9:00 AM on football game day. It was cancelled due to very cold weather the last time we were there. There is not a tour of the academy on football game day but the day before the game or the day after the game it is a good activity. It leaves from the West Point Visitors Center. That center is located outside the gate of West Point. Be sure to take a photo ID with you. You will need it to get onto the grounds of the academy for any event - including the football game. You can check their web site for other activities. I am sure that there will be tailgateing hosted by the UNT athletic department. You might contact them to see what they have planned.

See you at West Point. Train and bus service is available from Manhattan. We are taking the bus over and the train back. Bus picks up @ N. Y. Port Authority and delivers to main gate in little over an hour for I believe $20. Train delivers to Peekskill then short cab ride to or from stadium.Train departs and returns to Grand Central Station. :D

Will we set a regulation scoring record like navy 3 years ago?

Anybody have an idea when tickets for the Army game will be on sale? Sorry if that information is somewhere in the bowels of the many posts, I just couldn't locate it!!

See you at West Point!!

I believe that the single game tickets (well, at least for Army) will go on sale August 25th...

"There is usually a Cadet Review (parade) at 9:00 AM on football game day. It was cancelled due to very cold weather the last time we were there."

Pansies

LGAC, Retired, USAF

Army sergeant before big assault: Checks his weapon and says, "OK, follow me!"

Air Force sergeant before big assault: Salutes the pilot and says, "Good luck, sir!"

Army sergeant before big assault: Checks his weapon and says, "OK, follow me!"

Air Force sergeant before big assault: Salutes the pilot and says, "Good luck, sir!"

Ha ha...that's funny. Air Force Lt. and Captain turn the keys and blow the enemy to kingdom come and the Army Sgt says "thanks for saving my hide"!

OK, here's a little story I was once told by an Army capt.

When the war starts...

The Navy sits offshore and pounds the beach with shells to 'soften the defenses";

The marines then come ashore and take the beach and secure the high ground

The Army then comes in and relieves the marines and march inland

The the Air Force comes in and build the Officer's Club!

And another from my Army Air Corps WWII enlisted vet Dad..."son, never sign up for any branch of the service except the Air Force or the Navy. Those guys know how to live and at least get hot meals and warm showers most of the time." Of course one might ask all the downed pi,lots and POW's fliers and crew about that "hot meals and warm showers" stuff.

I, for one, appreciate every man and women who serves or who have served in ANY branch of the armed forces or Merchant Marine or Coast Guard. Were you aware that many members of the Coast Guard served in Viet Nam patrolling the rivers and took fire on a consistent basis from the enemy? And, are you aware that the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy is the ONLY academy allowed to fly a battle standard on its flag...not West Point, not the Naval Academy and Not the Air Force Academy. Why, because the Merchant Marines Academy is the only academy that sends its cadets/midshipmen into harm's way in times of conflict...in fact 147 midshipmen from the Merchant Marine Academy gave their lives in service to this great nation during WWII.

I am very proud of my Air Force Service...hot meals and warm showers and all.

AND...BTW...GO MEAN GREEN...BEAT ARMY!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Ha ha...that's funny. Air Force Lt. and Captain turn the keys and blow the enemy to kingdom come and the Army Sgt says "thanks for saving my hide"!

OK, here's a little story I was once told by an Army capt.

When the war starts...

The Navy sits offshore and pounds the beach with shells to 'soften the defenses";

The marines then come ashore and take the beach and secure the high ground

The Army then comes in and relieves the marines and march inland

The the Air Force comes in and build the Officer's Club!

And another from my Army Air Corps WWII enlisted vet Dad..."son, never sign up for any branch of the service except the Air Force or the Navy. Those guys know how to live and at least get hot meals and warm showers most of the time." Of course one might ask all the downed pi,lots and POW's fliers and crew about that "hot meals and warm showers" stuff.

I, for one, appreciate every man and women who serves or who have served in ANY branch of the armed forces or Merchant Marine or Coast Guard. Were you aware that many members of the Coast Guard served in Viet Nam patrolling the rivers and took fire on a consistent basis from the enemy? And, are you aware that the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy is the ONLY academy allowed to fly a battle standard on its flag...not West Point, not the Naval Academy and Not the Air Force Academy. Why, because the Merchant Marines Academy is the only academy that sends its cadets/midshipmen into harm's way in times of conflict...in fact 147 midshipmen from the Merchant Marine Academy gave their lives in service to this great nation during WWII.

I am very proud of my Air Force Service...hot meals and warm showers and all.

AND...BTW...GO MEAN GREEN...BEAT ARMY!!!!!!

I too did a 4 yr stint in the Navy but when they come to town or vice versa I am the first to shout them down! GMG!

Edited by All About UNT