Digital Billboard In Lake Dallas

Green Dozer

When you drive north on 35 through Lake Dallas, there are a couple of those digital billboards at the Swisher Rd. exit. Anyway, I noticed today that UNT had an ad up for football. Now these ads change out every twenty seconds or so, so we are not continuously seen. But they are using the artists drawings of the new stadium along with a reference to UNT football. I think it is great that something is up and in a great location. There are many people who live in Oakmont, Corinth, Shady Shores, Lake Dallas, and it is great that we are advertising there. Hopefully they will think that, with the new stadium, they might start attending some games.

Edited by Green Dozer
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Especially after the RV podcast, is anyone else concerned that we are overmarketing the new stadium with this year's ticket ads? Seems like the focus should be on this year's product. I get the Fouts Finale focus, but for now I'd like to see the ticket sales ads separated from drumming up support for the new stadium.

Fire at will.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Especially after the RV podcast, is anyone else concerned that we are overmarketing the new stadium with this year's ticket ads? Seems like the focus should be on this year's product. I get the Fouts Finale focus, but for now I'd like to see the ticket sales ads separated from drumming up support for the new stadium.

Fire at will.

I think the ads are doing good and I think any opportunity to sell this year's tickets is good too. I see the two as separate. I don't think we are going to attract many people to Fouts unless we are winning. It probably isn't worth the marketing cost. However, to come see a new stadium is pretty neat and it gets your name out there. I think UNT is going about it right.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I actually live in Lake Dallas and have met several neighbors this year who aren't from the metroplex. They think it's cool to have a D-1 program so close and I'm hoping to get a good amount of them to a game or two this year.

Not to derail this thread into conference talk but when talking to these neighbors about attending games I found myself mentioning the Rice and K State games. Seems to be a lot easier to suggest taking in a K State game than inviting them to come watch U La La.

I actually live in Lake Dallas and have met several neighbors this year who aren't from the metroplex. They think it's cool to have a D-1 program so close and I'm hoping to get a good amount of them to a game or two this year.

Not to derail this thread into conference talk but when talking to these neighbors about attending games I found myself mentioning the Rice and K State games. Seems to be a lot easier to suggest taking in a K State game than inviting them to come watch U La La.

I too live in the area and drive by that digital billboard all the time. I still haven't seen our airtime yet. Great for those who do though! Especially around 5:00-6:30 every weekday...Northbound traffic starts to slow waaaay down when 35 bottlenecks about 1 mile up the road from this sign.

Unless your neighbors are from other areas of Texas, then I doubt Rice football carries any more significance to them than Louisiana-Lafayette. Of course K-State is going to be more appealing! They're in the Big 12(10)! That's like saying if we were in CUSA, that it's better to go see K-State than UAB. Invite your neighbors to come to the K-State game. That would be great! But hopefully they'd also like to come to other games BEFORE that one too. Like you said, it's a D-1 (FBS) program!