Are You Kidding Me?!

UNTflyer

SBJ201007260104-01.jpg

Are consumers ready for Texas Longhorns Energy?

The University of Texas has signed a six-year deal with Dallas-based Branded Retail Energy, which will likely be the first of a number of deals with the company that will see some of the country’s most powerful collegiate sports brands sell consumers electricity and natural gas in deregulated markets. Consequently, Texas Longhorns Energy will be available to consumers in mid-August.

http://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/article/66314

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I better see a Crimson Tide-al wave of oil in the Gulf Coast by 2012.

I also like that you can also now buy bottled water that looks like the clock tower, because when I get thirsty, I like to wistfully remember horrible, horrible tragedies with every sip.

SBJ201007260104-01.jpg

The University of Texas has signed a six-year deal with Dallas-based Branded Retail Energy, which will likely be the first of a number of deals with the company that will see some of the country’s most powerful collegiate sports brands sell consumers electricity and natural gas in deregulated markets. Consequently, Texas Longhorns Energy will be available to consumers in mid-August.

Uh, I've got news for you. Be on the lookout for Texas Aggie Energy in the near future. Possibly a "Mean Green Energy" is around the corner?

I doubt that. What marketing value do we deliver?

We don't have to deliver much at all. The school gets a tiny percentage of what everyone uses. It costs the energy supplier a fee that most are paying to someone anyway. NT might as well get on the receiving end of such a fee! I just forwarded the article to my nephew who is one of the higher ups with Green Mountain Energy. Mean Green Power from Green Mountain sounds like a winner!

Edited by VideoEagle
  • Upvote 2

SBJ201007260104-01.jpg

When I see stories like this, I'm put in mind of one of the refrains from that 1921 tune (a foxtrot) "Ain't we got fun"

There's nothing surer

The rich get rich and the poor get laid off

In the meantime, in between time

Ain't we got fun?