Position By Position Preview - Running Back

MeanGreen61

It is ironic that NT strongest position is running back. Dunbar could and should be one of the best in the nation. Many may have forgotten that Mosely actually started in his freshman year and Mathis actually looked very good based on only a few carries and both are reported in be in the 225 lb range. . Hamilton looked excellent in the spring and has the speed and moves to start at a lot of schools. I would redshirt Byrd, I don't see him getting enough carries to warrant losing a year. However, I doubt there will be many redshirts; Dodge is going full out to win this year as he cannot afford to build for a future that he may not be part of.

I think so too and would hate to see him waste a season sitting the bench playing a few series to spell Dunbar.

You're absolutely correct. Let him come in, and develop physically while not burning a year of eligibility. You can always pull his shirt if abnormal cirumstances arise from a depth chart point of view.

• Upvote 2