Something Cool That Texas State Offers

SUMG

I noticed this on the thread which Harry has titled "Where Are They Now?" It's at the bottom of the profiles of Coach Bliel and Coach Bugar (who are both at Texas State). If you click on these...it takes you to prices. They have game jerseys from all their sports. I wish we had the opportunity to purchase actual UNT game jerseys:

http://www.txstatebobcats.com/store/jerseys/?partner_id=12058

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I noticed this on the thread which Harry has titled "Where Are They Now?" It's at the bottom of the profiles of Coach Bliel and Coach Bugar (who are both at Texas State). If you click on these...it takes you to prices. They have game jerseys from all their sports. I wish we had the opportunity to purchase actual UNT game jerseys:

http://www.txstatebobcats.com/store/jerseys/

partner_id=12058

Amen to that! I have been trying to get an authentic game day jersey of a particular player for a year now with no luck.

OK, so here's a question. Is there any NCAA regulation against selling or auctioning off actual player jerseys after each game or after a season? A player could sign one of his actual jerseys (say one home and one away) and then the athletic dept. could put them up for sale or bid with the proceeds going to the athletic dept. for scholarships, etc.

This cannot be an original idea...any one ever hear of this being done? Is it not allowed???

OK, so here's a question. Is there any NCAA regulation against selling or auctioning off actual player jerseys after each game or after a season? A player could sign one of his actual jerseys (say one home and one away) and then the athletic dept. could put them up for sale or bid with the proceeds going to the athletic dept. for scholarships, etc.

This cannot be an original idea...any one ever hear of this being done? Is it not allowed???

Arkansas sells game worn helmets, jerseys etc at the fan shop in stadium. They do a very limited amount and charge a premium.

Arkansas sells game worn helmets, jerseys etc at the fan shop in stadium. They do a very limited amount and charge a premium.

Maybe this is something that could be offered in the fan shop which we'll have at the new stadium.

One has to think that a #5 jersey for example....might fetch a pretty decent amount.

• Upvote 2

Seriously? I'm not paying anything for a sweaty, worn jersey unless I plan on framing it as a memorabilia piece.

I want to buy something that I can wear on game day. I wish there was someplace to order a game jersey.

Edited by UNT90

I attended Texas State[southwest Texas State] for a couple of semesters back in the early '80's. The athletic department there actually held a "garage sale" of their used jerseys, shorts, etc. I believe all the money raised went back into the athletic dept. budget. There may be rules against things like that now but it was pretty cool at the time. I still have a pair of SWT basketball shorts.

I attended Texas State[southwest Texas State] for a couple of semesters back in the early '80's. The athletic department there actually held a "garage sale" of their used jerseys, shorts, etc. I believe all the money raised went back into the athletic dept. budget. There may be rules against things like that now but it was pretty cool at the time. I still have a pair of SWT basketball shorts.

North Texas did this also about 20 years ago; Eagle Auctions I-IV or V.