So, When Do You Want To See 'opportunity [Sic] Games? [Sic]

I don't.

I have seen the overwhelming majority of these "opportunity games" over the past three decades. They almost always bring embarrassment to the university. I hope that they now will become a thing of the past.

It would be nice to see North Texas only schedule games with schools that will play home-and-home series. Maybe make exceptions for a 2-for-1 series with schools like Texas, A&M, Arkansas, and Oklahoma, but never again selling off games like has happened in the past. The students at North Texas are investing too much to have somebody bleed the program for extra dollars by selling "opportunity games".

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I don't mind an 'opportunity game' every once in a while but I don't like for it to be the first game. Make it after the first home game, whether that be the second, third, or fourth game of the season.

If we don't play a top team then it will be hard to be selected for a BCS bowl. Playing non-AQ teams and low AQ teams might get you a fairly decent bowl but not a BCS bowl where the big money is.

It will be hard to attract the top teams on a 2 for 1 as long as our stadium capacity is in the 30s. I think that's doable when the capacity reaches 50,000. I'm talking about those who draw upwards of 80K per game. For those that draw less, I say go for it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Wait until the third or fourth game:

Game 1: at home, winnable, possibly FCS opponent.

Game 2: series home or away with Mid-Major

Game 3: "opportunity" or home/away with Mid-Major or early conference game

Game 4: SAME AS Game #3

Only one opportunity game per year. And, if it's a big time program that wants to play it at Jerry World, jump in with both feet. Money and attention. Don't shy away from them because you want us to be University of Poor, Unnoticed Hermits.