North Texas Sports Apparel Store Doesn't Carry...

NThomas

I was in there last year. It's the whole licensing thing again. Not rally house's fault.

Talk to UNT.

And by the way, it's definitely not from a lack of demand. I asked the question and the person told me they get asked "all the time" about UNT gear. "we wish we COULD sell it..."

Edited by TheColonyEagle

I find this a bit hard to understand. If I have to email someone to get their side of the story I will, but it really should be posted here as we might be able to help get something done about it...I find that there are usually two sides to every issue like this, and each side seems to think the other is 100% to blame and not willing to compromise at all...thus little to nothing gets done, or there are "lower level" staff and employees working on it and the folks in charge really know nothing about it and when informed things get changed.

Let's hope that is the case here...I'll email, but it should be posted here so one will know at least one side of the story...not necessarily the full story, but at least part. This is crazy that UNT gear is not being sold through this outlet!!! Simply crazy! But, who really knows until the rest of the story is told?

Here's the response from my email to RallyHouse:

"As of right now, we do not carry any UNT apparel. However, between now and football season we will begin to carry a small assortment of Mean Green Items. We will probably start with some hats and t-shirts to get a feel for the demand of the product. We would love to carry a large section, but of course we need to make sure that it will sell. This is the approach that we took with TCU last season, and their section is now very comparable to our larger team sections. Our company is relatively new (barely 1 year old) and when we first opened we didn't feel like it was "smart" business to compete with a school who's bookstore was so close. However, due to the large amount of requests that are made we are happy to add them to our vast selection."

Have a great day!

Lindsey Rainey

Edited by Marty

"As of right now, we do not carry any UNT apparel. However, between now and football season we will begin to carry a small assortment of Mean Green Items. We will probably start with some hats and t-shirts to get a feel for the demand of the product. We would love to carry a large section, but of course we need to make sure that it will sell. This is the approach that we took with TCU last season, and their section is now very comparable to our larger team sections. Our company is relatively new (barely 1 year old) and when we first opened we didn't feel like it was "smart" business to compete with a school who's bookstore was so close. However, due to the large amount of requests that are made we are happy to add them to our vast selection."

Have a great day!

Lindsey Rainey

That's a pretty different, and contradictory, story from

It's the whole licensing thing again. Not rally house's fault.

Talk to UNT.

And by the way, it's definitely not from a lack of demand. I asked the question and the person told me they get asked "all the time" about UNT gear. "we wish we COULD sell it..."

Have a great day!

Lindsey Rainey

I received the same reply other than the added..."I'm very sorry that our company has upset the Mean Green fans. We have received quite a few emails today from you guys". It had nothing...NOTHING...to do with the licensing agreement, but rather everything to do with perceived demand and a pure business decision. UNT had nothing, as I suspected in the first place, to do with this...it was the business making a decision based on their own research. In thinking about this, I think it says something as well about the fan base, and something that we, as Mean Green fans, need to change. If there is a perception out there, real or not, that Mean Green fans and students don't buy and wear Mean Green gear, well, that is something we can all get involved in to help change.

I am glad to see they will start carrying Mean Green gear and I am very pleased that they took the time to respond...and respond in the positive.

Nice...now, they need a little "love" and support from the Mean Green nation when they do start carrying the gear in a few weeks.

GO MEAN GREEN!

Some people continue to live by the if they build it, they will come motto for UNT apparel. When we win some games our alumni will start caring, it's not that hard.

How about when the students actually start caring as well???? I still get mad walking around the campus seeing so many students wearing crap from other colleges and universities! Alums seem to outnumber students at every football and basketball game. That should never be the case. Increased support from both areas is what UNT needs. Alums should definitely donate more $$$$ than students to the program, but students should outnumber alums at all games and should be wearing UNT gear not some other random school's stuff.

• Downvote 3