Beer Sales At Fouts Public Concessions?

gangrene

I wouldn't consider any establishment that features a band full of soul stealing cyborg forest animals "family friendly."

I thought one of the cyborg creatures was a rabbit. Never really considered that a forest animal, but... to each his own I guess.

Guest JohnDenver

Now why would DWI's become a greater concern?

I don't read where he said it was a greater concern. Merely it is common sense that a train is better transportation for those that may be drinking (who would be drinking regardless) -- and this is brought up now because the train is nearing completion. Too bad it won't be open for the football season.

I don't read where he said it was a greater concern. Merely it is common sense that a train is better transportation for those that may be drinking (who would be drinking regardless) -- and this is brought up now because the train is nearing completion. Too bad it won't be open for the football season.

You need to work on your reading comprehension, young man.

• Upvote 1

I voted no, but I think I have a solution.

Sell beer on the student side, don't sell it on the alumni side. If beer means that much to you as an alum; 1) you have a drinking problem, get some help, or 2) Join the MGC this year and buy club level seats next year.

Meat doesn't make people fat. Lean chicken, deer, top serlion steak, and turkey are all fine examples of heart healthy animals that everyone should be encouraged to eat.

Tofu sucks.

Pass the bratworst.

I think we have a winner.

Alcohol isn't the problem, drunkards are. That is very similar to what my NRA membership card says about guns and people.

OK, you are either joking or there is some challenge here...you won't eat animals but you'll shoot them????? Oh, maybe that NRA membership is just so you can shoot people. OK, so your comment was just an example, but i found it humorous.

Teaching your kids to judge other people because they eat meat???? How does that jive with your religious beliefs? The "judge others" part that is...just checking.

I love how people like to tell others what they should and should not do...and then teach their kids to be just as judgemental. Nice!

Somehow I think you just must be kidding.

I have been to more athletic events than I could ever count, and very very rarely have I expericed people so drunk that they are disturbing others and keeping others from enjoying athe event. I realize this happens, but lots of stuff happens when people lose self-control. Heck, some even vote for folks who want to control your personal liberties. Who knew?

OK, bottom line here...alochol or no alcohol, I'll be there to support the Mean Green. If alcohol ever gets allowed in the stadium perhps they could set up a "family section" as in some other stadiums where they don't sell alcohol so those so opposed to it can sit with others of a like mind.

P.S. I love hot dogs and I think man vs Food is pure funny-ness! I can't imagine trying to eat like that, but I love seeing some of the interesting places the guy goes to eat...also like Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives! Pure neat-ness! I plan visits to areas around those shows sometimes...Greatness.

JohnDenver, I am 10judgmentalexperienced0% behind you in your trying to raise your kids the way you want them raised. You don't want to eat meat or have them eat meat...great for you, but please don't try to set up some little "holier than thou" mini-me's to go out and judge everyone else for eating meat.

By the way, do you guys wear leatheperhapsr shoes???? Maybe it's not the killing of the animals you don't like, it's just the eating part, right? OK, more steak and hot dogs left for me to consume and all the "people to be judged" just like me out in Mean Green tailgate land.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

OK, you are either joking or there is some challenge here...you won't eat animals but you'll shoot them????? Oh, maybe that NRA membership is just so you can shoot people. OK, so your comment was just an example, but i found it humorous.

Teaching your kids to judge other people because they eat meat???? How does that jive with your religious beliefs? The "judge others" part that is...just checking.

I love how people like to tell others what they should and should not do...and then teach their kids to be just as judgemental. Nice!

Somehow I think you just must be kidding.

I have been to more athletic events than I could ever count, and very very rarely have I expericed people so drunk that they are disturbing others and keeping others from enjoying athe event. I realize this happens, but lots of stuff happens when people lose self-control. Heck, some even vote for folks who want to control your personal liberties. Who knew?

OK, bottom line here...alochol or no alcohol, I'll be there to support the Mean Green. If alcohol ever gets allowed in the stadium perhps they could set up a "family section" as in some other stadiums where they don't sell alcohol so those so opposed to it can sit with others of a like mind.

P.S. I love hot dogs and I think man vs Food is pure funny-ness! I can't imagine trying to eat like that, but I love seeing some of the interesting places the guy goes to eat...also like Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives! Pure neat-ness! I plan visits to areas around those shows sometimes...Greatness.

JohnDenver, I am 10judgmentalexperienced0% behind you in your trying to raise your kids the way you want them raised. You don't want to eat meat or have them eat meat...great for you, but please don't try to set up some little "holier than thou" mini-me's to go out and judge everyone else for eating meat.

By the way, do you guys wear leatheperhapsr shoes???? Maybe it's not the killing of the animals you don't like, it's just the eating part, right? OK, more steak and hot dogs left for me to consume and all the "people to be judged" just like me out in Mean Green tailgate land.

link

My husband was in a fraternity while at UNT and we still see current members/pledges etc. every football season so unless they changed the rule since last August, all the houses are dry.

I clearly remember a party last August at my roommate's frat house. I was given a 40 the second I entered the door. Oh, I also don't pee in the pool either. And I have some real estate on the moon i'd like to sell... you get the idea.

Edited by aprice

Ok, this poll has been open for nearly a week now. I think it's safe to say that this is a somewhat sensitive issue for a few folks. However, more than 75% of those that voted are in favor of beer sales at the public concession areas. With that many supporting the suggestion, I think we could find a happy medium for those that are opposed. No second-half sales, non-drinking sections and text-reporting of bad behavior are but a few of the options to appease the nay-sayers.

I seriously doubt general public beer sales at Fouts Field is a proposition that is even under consideration by the administration but, it looks like the decision would be welcomed by most of the Mean Green nation. So what if the sample size is small? Nielsen utilizes a similar tactic and it's widely accepted. :P

• Upvote 1

Ok, this poll has been open for nearly a week now. I think it's safe to say that this is a somewhat sensitive issue for a few folks. However, more than 75% of those that voted are in favor of beer sales at the public concession areas. With that many supporting the suggestion, I think we could find a happy medium for those that are opposed. No second-half sales, non-drinking sections and text-reporting of bad behavior are but a few of the options to appease the nay-sayers.

I seriously doubt general public beer sales at Fouts Field is a proposition that is even under consideration by the administration but, it looks like the decision would be welcomed by most of the Mean Green nation. So what if the sample size is small? Nielsen utilizes a similar tactic and it's widely accepted. :P

FYI, these results should not be projected to the entire fan base. There is an inherent bias in those that have voted. I think that taking this as the wishes of all would be a little inaccurate.

That's funny, as a vegetarian I find the presence of meat products to be non-family friendly. I hate that rednecks can kill and cook flesh in front of my children. Then they take it the next step and EAT it! Pig grease flowing down the front of rednecks and the high fiving over the smell of burning flesh is almost too much. We definitely need to ban hot dogs and burgers from the convenience stands. I can stand it in the parking lot though, because I can avoid that meat frenzied redneck insanity. Eating God's creatures in front of my family is where I draw the line.

Let the carnivores swallow in the parking lot - and stay there.

Most under-rated post of the week. Good Show!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1