Video Of Construction Site

MeanGreen61

The end has the updated pic of the stadium with the darker brick (much better), scoreboard, single pole lights, no windmills (?), and a new ramp on the visitor side (possibly other things I'm not noticing?). What seems strange is that the touchdown terrace view will be completely obscured by the scoreboard. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong.

Edited by ColoradoEagle

The new location for the scoreboard will take up about half the viewing area from the Touchdown Terrace. Fans will still be able to see the game from either end of the area.

Very nice video, it explained a lot about what is going on at the various spots in the new stadium. Much appreciated!

(note: use the pause feature if you want to stop the video, especially to see the updated drawing at the end of the video. You can also move the video progress bar back and forth to see previously watched parts of the video.)

As for the deck, I was told by someone who was told by Athletics that the deck would not be in use on gameday, or not a place to watch from. I don't know the exact reasons why, maybe too hard to police ticketing to/from there and the AC? I guess they want fans on the club level or in the main seating sections. Notice there are not fans on the deck in the drawing. There are game-viewing decks in the corners of the opposite endzone, either side of the "wing".

Edited by NT80

Very nice video, it explained a lot about what is going on at the various spots in the new stadium. Much appreciated!

(note: use the pause feature if you want to stop the video, especially to see the updated drawing at the end of the video. You can also move the video progress bar back and forth to see previously watched parts of the video.)

As for the deck, I was told by someone who was told by Athletics that the deck would not be in use on gameday, or not a place to watch from. I don't know the exact reasons why, maybe too hard to police ticketing to/from there and the AC? I guess they want fans on the club level or in the main seating sections. Notice there are not fans on the deck in the drawing. There are game-viewing decks in the corners of the opposite endzone, either side of the "wing".

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

-----------------------

www.dvdsetshop.com

• Downvote 2

I had heard the same thing as NT80 about fans on the deck area during the game. I had heard that the large team meeting room near the deck would be used for lettermen to gather prior to the game but that once the game started everyone would be asked to move to their seats in the stadium. Of course, things can change between now and the first game, but I think that is the plan as of now.

The new location for the scoreboard will take up about half the viewing area from the Touchdown Terrace. Fans will still be able to see the game from either end of the area.

Huff...Seems the scoreboard should be mounted high enough to permit viewing from beneath the scoreboard. I hate the thought of a blank wall viewed from the AC.

Ask not what North Texas can do for you...

Ask what you can do for North Texas

GO MEAN GREEN

I agree, greenjoe but I was told that the big expense on the score board/video boards is going up. The supports for a higher video board cost a lot more. By having a lower video board/score board they can have a larger board for the same amount of money as they could have if it were higher. I also think that by having the score board/video board at the lower level it encourages fans to leave that area and go to their seats in the stadium, but that last part is just my opinion.

I foresee a day when the deck could be used as an asset similiar to what the patio is now used as at Fouts. When we are winning and the club level is sold out, maybe the deck will be an area that can accomodate a lesser donation level in the MGC, well below the club level. I hope consideration is given to this.