Unt To Hire Consultant To Look At Athletics Program

NTerock

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/drc/sports/stories/DRC_UNT-WAC_0622.c8321c44.html

Rawlins twice served on the NCAA’s Board of Directors in addition to serving as the chairman of the Pac-10, Conference USA and the Great Midwest Conference. He helped found C-USA while he was Memphis’ president in 1995 “The experience I have in college athletics helps me understand what is possible,” Rawlins said.

Rawlins said one of the challenges UNT faces is spreading the word about what it has to offer. He named the size of UNT’s student body, the school’s facilities and its market as the university’s strengths.....The stadium is a step in the right direction. We need to do more marketing in the Dallas area.”

Nice connections!

I really like his idea to market more in Dallas..."Kick a dead horse (smut)!" :D

Edited by NT80

We need to do more marketing in the Dallas area."

Nice connections!

I really like his idea to market more in Dallas..."Kick a dead horse (smut)!" :D

Completely agree. Many of us on this board have been saying that for several years, if not decades, now.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

More Marketing and PR is generally a good idea. Seems many folks here have been talking about doing more to raise awareness of the greatness that is UNT around the metroplex. Nice to see that those views are being shared by some folks who can actually make it happen. Good news just keeps coming.

I was telling my wife about this at the breakfast table this morning. She just smiled and said "North Texas is paying someone to tell them that they need to win more football games? I could have told them that for nothing." As a TWU grad, she always finds North Texas news to be an endless source of amusement.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Getting a set of eyes from outside without an agenda is almost certainly a good thing. Hopefully our consultant is not closely connected to either the Wac or CUSA. An honest assessment of what we are doing right and wrong from someone outside validates what we are doing right and makes a stronger case for fixing what is wrong stronger than anyone on the inside ever could.

We don't need a "match maker" yet. Besides, it appears our new President has connections to open a lot of doors.

I was telling my wife about this at the breakfast table this morning. She just smiled and said "North Texas is paying someone to tell them that they need to win more football games? I could have told them that for nothing." As a TWU grad, she always finds North Texas news to be an endless source of amusement.

LMAO!! Gotta love those TWU grads. I know, my wife graduated there as well. :P

• Downvote 2

Getting a set of eyes from outside without an agenda is almost certainly a good thing. Hopefully our consultant is not closely connected to either the Wac or CUSA. An honest assessment of what we are doing right and wrong from someone outside validates what we are doing right and makes a stronger case for fixing what is wrong stronger than anyone on the inside ever could.

We don't need a "match maker" yet. Besides, it appears our new President has connections to open a lot of doors.

And didn't someone posted that interim presidents usually just sit on their hands ? To our benefit Rawlins seems to definately be involved. Don't rule out that a consultant couldn't/wouldn't be a matchmaker.

• Upvote 1

And didn't someone posted that interim presidents usually just sit on their hands ? To our benefit Rawlins seems to definately be involved. Don't rule out that a consultant couldn't/wouldn't be a matchmaker.

That was me. This has to be coming down from the chancellor. Or at least that is my guess.

If I am wrong, and Rawlins really is leading this and plans to make a big decision, I applaud him, I do think the time to act is now, not later.

That was me. This has to be coming down from the chancellor. Or at least that is my guess.

If I am wrong, and Rawlins really is leading this and plans to make a big decision, I applaud him, I do think the time to act is now, not later.

Since this would benefit the Denton flagship campus, no way in hell this is coming from our POC Chancellor.

Since this would benefit the Denton flagship campus, no way in hell this is coming from our POC Chancellor.

does jackson know about all this?????????no way he would let the denton campus get ahead of the dallas campus----on the bright side---this rawlings guy sounds ok

Any chance he becomes the permanent President???? Love what he's doing and love how he gave the same quote Dr/Pohl gave regarding sports being the window to our university. cool.gif

Just remember, some said there was no way a "quality" candidate would want the UNT job after what happened to Dr. B and the "control" that Jackson would wield.

I think that our interim prez is just that, and that he is not looking for a long term gig. Too bad as I too think this guy is a quality guy. However, the pressures on an interim are not the same as the pressures on a long term president. It is a bit "easier" to be well liked when you know you will not be around all that long. That being said, I still believe the UNT prez job is a great one and that UNT will attract any number of excellent, experienced and well-qualified candidates.