Two Questions

UNTLifer

Why is it ridiculous?

Not sure why Daddy Dumpsalot thinks it's dumb but I don't see the point in asking people to give yes or no answers on a message board.

Why would I ask people

1. Do you want McDonalds for lunch?

2. Have you ever had a Big Mac?

when I'm just trying to figure out if the Big Mac is good?

Not sure why Daddy Dumpsalot thinks it's dumb but I don't see the point in asking people to give yes or no answers on a message board.

Why would I ask people

+150 for this post on a stupid thread.

• Downvote 2

Why would I ask people

The point of the thread was to see if those that are opposed to joining the WAC were around during the Big West days and those that are for joining the WAC were not around at that time and are more recent fans to the program. It appears that my thoughts are true.

Sorry it didn't fit what you and your buddy Dumpsalot determine as a worthy thread.

The point of the thread was to see if those that are opposed to joining the WAC were around during the Big West days and those that are for joining the WAC were not around at that time and are more recent fans to the program. It appears that my thoughts are true.

Sorry it didn't fit what you and your buddy Dumpsalot determine as a worthy thread.

I thought the point of the thread was pretty obvious from the beginning. It appears those with the background knowledge of the Big West overwhelming want nothing to do a depleted Wacy conference. History and facts do tend to out weigh "perceptions."

But I have to applaud the only one who actually followed the directions: MeanGreenMick with the answers of "yes or no."

Just because some of the teams in the WAC were in the Big West doesn't make it the exact same situation. For the record, I'm still unsure what to think of joining the WAC (you'd think with all this talk we'd actually been invited or something). So I enjoy reading everyone's pros and cons. I appreciate the thoughts of those who have supported this team for many years. But I also like to read what new fans think of our program and value their perspective. This thread, along with many others, does nothing but try to establish that only the opinions of the 'veterans' should be considered.

I really wasn't trying to stop people from discussing their views, but I think at this point we know all of the pros and cons and just wanted a clean thread I could quickly glance at to see if my thoughts held true.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I really wasn't trying to stop people from discussing their views, but I think at this point we know all of the pros and cons and just wanted a clean thread I could quickly glance at to see if my thoughts held true.

I'm sorry..what does this thread benefit? More arguments, more disagreements, and wasted time. You simply cannot compare a 2010 WAC conference to a 1995 Big West...too much has changed.

We all know where you stand and yes you are trying to stop people from expressing their views because every time they do you take jabs at them.

When was the last time you went on campus and actually spoke to the students? Why is it that you think the students don't go to the games?

I agree there are downsides to the WAC but there is more potential in that conference than there will ever be in the Sun Belt.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

I'm sorry..what does this thread benefit? More arguments, more disagreements, and wasted time. You simply cannot compare a 2010 WAC conference to a 1995 Big West...too much has changed.

We all know where you stand and yes you are trying to stop people from expressing their views because every time they do you take jabs at them.

When was the last time you went on campus and actually spoke to the students? Why is it that you think the students don't go to the games?

I agree there are downsides to the WAC but there is more potential in that conference than there will ever be in the Sun Belt.

I'd have more respect for this post if you hadn't bitched about anonymous poll threads where people weren't taking shots at each other.

And sure, I haven't been on campus and asked students wheat they've felt lately about the "Suckbelt" as you like to call it. By the same token I was in school during our entire stay in the Big West (Fall '96 - Summer 2001) and I can tell you how students back then felt about the Big West(or "Big Worst" as it was refered to then).

You're right...you can't compare the 1995 Big West with the 2010 WAC. The cost of gas, alone, has more than doubled since 1995. I'd imagine jet fuel has seen a similar spike.

It makes LESS sense to join a conference, any conference, as far flung to the west coast (and includes trips to Hawaii) than it ever has in history. We have a lot more cost to make up than we did back then....tv and bowl money is better, but does it cover everything? We need cold hard numbers to get posted so that this can be answered once and for all....

LOL, Really? Thats like a prostitute calling the Kardashian sisters whores.

Students don't go to games? Our attendance has doubled, at least, since we joined the SBC.

Please, post our attendance records for out years in the Big West and the Sun Belt. Enlighten us.

Students don't go to games? Our attendance has doubled, at least, since we joined the SBC.

Please, post our attendance records for out years in the Big West and the Sun Belt. Enlighten us.

They'd be illegitimate anyways because our numbers were incredibly inflated when we were in the Big West. There were games when we had maybe 3K in the stands and we were reporting 15K or more.

They'd be illegitimate anyways because our numbers were incredibly inflated when we were in the Big West. There were games when we had maybe 3K in the stands and we were reporting 15K or more.

Yeah, we used to employ SMU's attendance counters. I was just seeing if he would at least try.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

good one. watch out for those tortillas.

So you're saying that since the suckbelt is so strong that is why our attendance has "doubled" (which it hasn't)? wow...that sure is optimistic...i'm sure that it hasn't had anything to do with enrollment increase or our new head coach and new style of offense. I mean I for sure and the students I have spoken with can barely sleep the night before our big home game against Florida International.

WAC > Belt. Period.

SI mean I for sure and the students I have spoken with can barely sleep the night before our big home game against Idaho.

I was trying to come up with something equally unappealing, but then when I really thought about it, I actually would like to go to an FIU game in Miami. Absolutely no interest in ever going to Moscow, ID, even if they do have the Kibbie Dome.

So you're saying that since the suckbelt is so strong that is why our attendance has "doubled" (which it hasn't)? wow...that sure is optimistic...i'm sure that it hasn't had anything to do with enrollment increase or our new head coach and new style of offense. I mean I for sure and the students I have spoken with can barely sleep the night before our big home game against Florida International.

WAC > Belt. Period.

Our attendence has more than doubled since we joined the Belt. You weren't at games from 1996-2000. I bet we averaged about 7K butts in seats.....if we were lucky.