I Think People Are Afraid Of Us...

...and, by people, I mean Louisiana Tech and SMU.

I think that they think if we were in their conferences and started beating their backsides year in and year out, that they would be seriously hurting in their efforts regarding the recruitment of high school children who play the sport of American football.

In a way, I guess I don't blame the cowards in Highland Park and Ruston. I'd be scared of our potential, too. When fate puts it altogether, those bedwetters won't even be able to sleep at night without a night light and extra soft Thomas the Tank Engine blankey.

Come get some of this, La. Tech and SMU! Come taste a bit of your nightmarish green future where we lord it over you and spit out the bones of your weak and tawdry!

A storm is brewing on the horizon. The clouds are green. The sound is mean. And, it's name is Chico! Seek shelter while ye may, O cowards of the college gridiron! UNT will rise with a mighty, Atlas-like lift of a man whose given Christian name is Mike!

To the trees! To the trees!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

I don't think anybody is afraid of us right now. While there is a lot of potential here I don't think SMU is worried if we get good then we will take their recruits away. I think SMU wants to benefit themselves and I think there is nothing wrong with that if they are. It is all about self interest. If anything I think NT should be scared of SMU because they have the money and resources to put a great team on the field and not to mention a proven and winning HC. As for LT, I think they are doing some good things and right now they are not a team I would want to face if I am NT. I just think that we need to focus on ourselves and try to put us in the best position to be in a better conference. As long as we produce then that will dictate our future.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

I don't think anybody is afraid of us right now. While there is a lot of potential here I don't think SMU is worried if we get good then we will take their recruits away. I think SMU wants to benefit themselves and I think there is nothing wrong with that if they are. It is all about self interest. If anything I think NT should be scared of SMU because they have the money and resources to put a great team on the field and not to mention a proven and winning HC. As for LT, I think they are doing some good things and right now they are not a team I would want to face if I am NT. I just think that we need to focus on ourselves and try to put us in the best position to be in a better conference. As long as we produce then that will dictate our future.

When teams schedule Louisiana Tech, where do they fly in and out of ? Ruston Regional Airport appears to be too small. Do teams land at Shreveport and take a bus to Ruston ? And how far is that ?

It's nice to have DFW in our own back yard.

GO MEAN GREEN

Good points. It's nice to have Love Field too, as that's where our team flies out of.