Poll Of Where Unt Should Be Focused Conference Wise

I don't understand how people favor CUSA over the MWC. This is just a direct reflection of why NT is where they are because there isn't enough people that want to think bigger.

What teams in the MWC are you really excited about UNT facing? Outside of TCU, there isn't a single team in the MWC that has any geographical relevance to UNT. I would rather play Tulsa, Houston, UTEP, and Rice than Colorado State, Wyoming, and San Diego State.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

“I don't understand how people favor CUSA over the MWC. This is just a direct reflection of why NT is where they are because there isn't enough people that want to think bigger.”

This is exactly my feeling also. Right now, there are probably better regional foes for us in C-USA than the MWC. However, most of those teams are trying to get into the MWC (or BCS conference). The MWC has the best chance of eventually becoming a BCS conference (that is, if the BCS satan is allowed to continue over the years).

Why not try and beat SMU, Houston and the others to the punch ? It is a super longshot. But, it certainly doesn’t hurt to shoot higher.

I don’t want to have NT eventually get an offer to CUSA, just as SMU, Houston and Rice are moving out.

I eventually want a regional conference. And, the MWC probably gives us a better chance over the long haul.

I don't understand how people favor CUSA over the MWC. This is just a direct reflection of why NT is where they are because there isn't enough people that want to think bigger.

I'd give you a + 1,000,000 if I could.

I WANT TO COMPETE!! Being in the MWC means we are more competitive than being in the C-USA. C-USA teams would give their left gonad to be in the MWC, and here we are saying 'but the other teams are closer". So asinine.

Make up your mind. You either want to be a competitive FBS school that is always looking to be the best you can be, or go back to the FCS and you can play the SLC for as many games as you like.

pulling my hair out.

To see the superfans of this sight crave mediocrity is... well, Ill just say sad.

And yes, I know mediocrity would be a step up from where the football program has been the past couple of years. NO EXCUSE.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2

My thoughts are that WAC may implode, because I do not know if LA Tech will survive financially and will leave to go to Sunbelt, unless they can pull in Wyoming, Montana and Montana State which is doubtful given NCAA regs about moving up. Also, in another post the Commissioner of WAC knew nothing about UNT since the last time they tried to recruit us to that conference.

CUSA is becoming unstable because of the possibility of several schools leaving to go to Big East. This unstable possibility will result probably in opening for LA Tech to go to CUSA and a few Sunbelt teams which may or may not include UNT. The Commissioner of CUSA has taken notice of UNT building athletics in another post.

Now that the politicans are getting involved in trying to legislate Houston going into Big 12 who is to say that maybe UNT could get some assistance from Lee Jackson to help put us in the Big 12 (okay I am thinking out of the box with Green Koolaide).

Realistically the best conference from a strength position would probably be the Mountain West but at this moment I do not see UNT receiving an invite anytime soon.

Bottom Line what makes the most since for UNT is where the AD, President and Board of Regents will lead us.

The WAC has a ton of support.

People who support the WAC either didn't suffer the Big West Days, Or just don't have capacity to understand how bad the BWC days were.

What teams in the MWC are you really excited about UNT facing? Outside of TCU, there isn't a single team in the MWC that has any geographical relevance to UNT. I would rather play Tulsa, Houston, UTEP, and Rice than Colorado State, Wyoming, and San Diego State.

Are you serious? Geographical relevance, no. However, The MWC is the closest to being aN AQ conference there is. TCU, Colo St, BYU, Wyoming, and Boise are a HELL of a lot better than Fresno St, Idaho, San Jose St, Nevada, and Utah State.

I took the question to mean the next step, not the destination. CUSA (and WAC) is currently a step before the MWC. RV said a few years ago fans should want to get into the Big12; that we had the size, location and potential to do it...but....

Think BIG, be BIG!

Edited by NT80

Are you serious? Geographical relevance, no. However, The MWC is the closest to being aN AQ conference there is. TCU, Colo St, BYU, Wyoming, and Boise are a HELL of a lot better than Fresno St, Idaho, San Jose St, Nevada, and Utah State.

I agree.

But we weren't comparing the MWC to the WAC, we were comparing it to C-USA.

I took the question to mean the next step, not the destination. CUSA (and WAC) is currently a step before the MWC. RV said a few years ago fans should want to get into the Big12; that we had the size, location and potential to do it...but....

Think BIG, be BIG!

Well yeah I personally wish UNT thought big and wanted to shoot for the Big 12, SEC etc. However I am still going to say that we can shoot for the MWC as a very realistic possibility for the NOW. As far as the "next step" being C-USA, I'm afraid that time is not on our side. I think we need to act now and quickly because when it is all set and done we may be completely left out. We may be left out regardless but if we have all of our ducks in a row then we can say we didn't go out without a big fight. If I'm RV I am talking to the BCS conferences and MWC and telling them if you invite us then we can have a plan to expand the new FB stadium if that is one of the requirements. On top of that baseball will need to be added.

• Upvote 3

I'd give you a + 1,000,000 if I could.

I WANT TO COMPETE!! Being in the MWC means we are more competitive than being in the C-USA. C-USA teams would give their left gonad to be in the MWC, and here we are saying 'but the other teams are closer". So asinine.

Make up your mind. You either want to be a competitive FBS school that is always looking to be the best you can be, or go back to the FCS and you can play the SLC for as many games as you like.

pulling my hair out.

To see the superfans of this sight crave mediocrity is... well, Ill just say sad.

And yes, I know mediocrity would be a step up from where the football program has been the past couple of years. NO EXCUSE.

+1 Always aim to be the best. We should all have the national championship as our goal (I use lower case for that because I do not assue it will always be mythical).