Oklahoma 2011 Quarterback Recruit

Nice indeed. New stadium already paying dividends for the Mean Green. Now if UNT's "supporters" would just up their support and attendance to match.

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

For obvious reasons, QBs are very high on the recruiting wish list this year. We have numerous offers out to quality QBs. Regardless of if we offer and/or sign him, I think his quotes on North Texas are awesome:

"My favorite is North Texas," the quarterback said. "They have a good coaching staff. It's kind of a surprise, because they haven't had very good years, but they've got good facilities. They'll get a new stadium for my freshman year."

• Upvote 1

Interesting how some transfers, HS players and HS coaches look at UNT given the negativity spewed by some it its more "vocal fans" every chance they get. Seems to me that UNT is being seen as better and better and a quality option for some players and coaches. I really like this sort of statement from a kid and tend to believe that it bodes well for the way the program at UNT is heading.

GO MEAN GREEN!

You can't help but see how much these kids will flock from all corner of the globe to play for Chico Canales. How do you underestimate the power that he, Canales, will inject into the equation just by having the nuts to recognize that a fullback and tight end aren't sexual cuss words to be shunned by position coaches but, rather, positions on the playing field to take advantage of when the defenses mistakenly crowd the line to try to stop Lance Dunbar and play Tyler Stradford one on one?

We will not be denied on account of Canales, and quarterbacks from here to the four corners of the earth understand it.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

You can't help but see how much these kids will flock from all corner of the globe to play for Chico Canales. How do you underestimate the power that he, Canales, will inject into the equation just by having the nuts to recognize that a fullback and tight end aren't sexual cuss words to be shunned by position coaches but, rather, positions on the playing field to take advantage of when the defenses mistakenly crowd the line to try to stop Lance Dunbar and play Tyler Stradford one on one?

We will not be denied on account of Canales, and quarterbacks from here to the four corners of the earth understand it.

Great point. Having a different offensive philosophy than your favorite 2 TE/3 FB set is the result of having no stones. Got it.

• Downvote 1

For obvious reasons, QBs are very high on the recruiting wish list this year. We have numerous offers out to quality QBs. Regardless of if we offer and/or sign him, I think his quotes on North Texas are awesome:

"My favorite is North Texas," the quarterback said. "They have a good coaching staff. It's kind of a surprise, because they haven't had very good years, but they've got good facilities. They'll get a new stadium for my freshman year."

Sounds darn near like a verbal right there. :whistling1:

• Upvote 1

Now I've never seen him play and never heard of him until this thread came along, but he put up great stats last year and is a coach's son which means they usually have a better grasp on the game and are quicker learners just from growing up with the game. I trust Dodge and Co. are taking a hard look at this young man.