Is Jerry Jones Pushing Arkansas To Join The Big Xii ?

MeanGreen61

TCU Frog post on the CUSA board. True ? False ? Definately interesting. If true, Jones is the type of guy that could make it happen.

Arkansas Possible to the Big 12, C-USA possible for the SEC

The BIG talk down here is the Jerry Jones and other Arkansas alumni and major donors are pushing for the Hogs to realign with UT and A&M. The new Big 12 could TV deal could potentially generate more revenue than the SEC and increase more with the addition of Arkansas. A school in the ACC, Big East, or even in Conference USA could be courted by the SEC according to the ticket. Which C-USA school fits more with the SEC?

Edited by MeanGreen61

Jerry Jones would like Arkansas and Notre Dame to join the big XII.

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/colleges/topstories/stories/061710dnspojonesbig12.adcd1c73.html

Dallas Cowboys owner and former University of Arkansas football player Jerry Jones has his own idea for Big 12 expansion. According to a report in the Lawrence Journal-World and News, that plan involves Arkansas and Notre Dame joining up in the Big 12.

Edited by MeanGreen61

"Earlier this week, Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe said the Big 12 isn't looking to expand. He specifically said that the conference wouldn't look to expand within the conference's geographic footprint -- Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa."

Looks like No Big12 for TCU, Houston, UTSA, Missouri State, or Northern Iowa. :rolleyes:

Edited by NT80

Now that's what I call forward thinking! That would be the best 12 team college football conference in America! Better than SEC with Auburn!

You guys may not like Notre Dame, and I hate them too for what they did, but imagine getting to see them lose every year or every other year to the Oklahoma Sooners and Texas Longhorns. Baylor would probably get up on the Irish as well if they can form the conference before Robert Griffin retires.

• Upvote 1

Now that's what I call forward thinking! That would be the best 12 team college football conference in America! Better than SEC with Auburn!

You guys may not like Notre Dame, and I hate them too for what they did, but imagine getting to see them lose every year or every other year to the Oklahoma Sooners and Texas Longhorns. Baylor would probably get up on the Irish as well if they can form the conference before Robert Griffin retires.

We all know Jerry is a forward thinker!

Well, he is going to lose a game at the new "stagium" in 2014 since their will not be a conference championship game. But I think in 2015, or whenever the TX-OU contract is up at the old Cotton Bowl, then I think it to will be moving to Arlington because you can bet Jones wants to put one on the City of Dallas again just to remind them what could have been had they really pushed for a the new stadium to be built there.

Edited by Green Dozer