Sujay Lama Signs Another Great Player

SUMG

I give this signing a big thumbs up! thumbsup.gif I would have given it two thumbs up, but it's another foreign-born athlete taking a scholarship away from a kid born in the US and wanting to develop at the college level. College tennis is really getting out of hand with all the foreign-born players. Just hard to develop American kids when tons of the scholarships go to foreign-born players. Too bad, but it is the way it is in college tennis these days.

Nadia in from the UK. Her recruiting video is available. Just Google "Nadia lee" and you will find it. This looks to be a solid signing that will help UNT tennis continue to get stronger.

Someday maybe Sujay will sign a US kid and give her a chance. Could happen.

Go Nadia...Go Mean Green! Welcome to the Mean Green nation!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Nice signing to land her, should be a solid #3-4 player to replace Cruz also might be able to place the true freshman from Uruguay into lower line-up.

As to the foreign player comments, I am pretty sure if Coach Lama could land a Top 5 Texas Player he would, but they will not come to UNT right now.

The Top 6 Players from Texas are going to the following schools: Texas, Texas Tech, Princeton, Rice, Georgia, and Tennessee.

Kazarova was Top 10 in Texas and she barely cracks the line-up at #6. As much as I would like to see more Americans on the team, Coach Lama's job is to win and the pool of capable American players is small when you want to be a perennial Top 50 Team in the nation.

**Also noticed Kazarova is not showing on the roster for 10-11 while all the other members are??**

Edited by untbowler

Another good sign, Lama's job is to win. NT was one of the last teams around not to go the foreign route, and it routinely put them at the bottom of the conference. I do wish there were limits to the number of foreign players on a squad as they have basically taken over tennis and cross country. However, I want NT to field the best team it can and if it takes a team of martians, so be it.

• Upvote 1