Ticket Expenses In The Sun Belt

MeanGreen61

When you compare UNT season tickets to going to a Stars, Mavs or especially Cowboys game, it is a huge bargain.

I expect we will be paying quite a bit more next year in the new digs. But, I will be thrilled about it. I can't wait to see our guys play in a stadium with a decent view.

When you compare UNT season tickets to going to a Stars, Mavs or especially Cowboys game, it is a huge bargain.

I expect we will be paying quite a bit more next year in the new digs. But, I will be thrilled about it. I can't wait to see our guys play in a stadium with a decent view.

I don't think we can afford to charge twice as much or anything like that for this new stadium. Yes it is nicer, but the same teams will be showing up to play there. You don't want to drop your attendance because people are scared away by high ticket prices. If you start to see sellouts every game all season long, or something close to that, that is when you raise ticket prices substantially.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, doubling the season ticket amount would be crazy. But, I would be shocked if they don't go up by 10-20% on average per seat.

To pull this off, I bet they will still have really cheap seats available (like the end zone wing). But, the total number of premium seats available will increase from the small number of Section E seats that we have today in Fouts. I can't wait !

Yeah, doubling the season ticket amount would be crazy. But, I would be shocked if they don't go up by 10-20% on average per seat.

To pull this off, I bet they will still have really cheap seats available (like the end zone wing). But, the total number of premium seats available will increase from the small number of Section E seats that we have today in Fouts. I can't wait !

My season tickets have more then doubled in the last 4 years in section D already, and they are equivalent to what SMU charges per seat in an identical section. Further SMU does not penalize you for buying more then four season tickets. This penalty still amazes me.

$90 for a season ticket to six (6) home games for an FBS team is cheap. The lowest priced season ticket for Texas (if available) is $400.

Section D is now $192.50 per season ticket if you buy four, and it costs more per seat if you buy less, if you buy 5 seasion tickets in section D it is $230.00 per seat if you buy 7 tickets it is only 272.86 per Season ticket and if you were to buy the 25 season tickets we once did you would pay $630.00 per season ticket at Fout's field. What is even funner is with the 4 seats and the donation that puts your season ticket at $192.50 you only get two Deck passes, so only half your party can go down to the deck, how half-assed is that?

In 2002 I paid $60.00 four years ago maybe three I paid $80.00. These are the same seats.

Edited by KingDL1

I e-mail Vito questioning the ticket prices quoted by Rivals. This was his reply.

The Rivals.com listing is based on the lowest possible price at each school. My guess is those would be Fouts endzone seats that cost $90.

I think the $90 is for recent grad and UNT employees.

I e-mail Vito questioning the ticket prices quoted by Rivals. This was his reply.

The Rivals.com listing is based on the lowest possible price at each school. My guess is those would be Fouts endzone seats that cost $90.

According to the Official site $90 is for general public sideline seats:

Economy Reserved ( Sections A, B, H, I )

This ticket option offers a discounted season ticket for every Mean Green fan.The Economy Reserved sections are are highlighted in Blue on the Fouts Field Seating Diagram.

General Public: $90

http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=1800&ATCLID=3756102

I think the $90 is for recent grad and UNT employees.

I don't think they have season ticket sales for the metal stands.

This ticket option offers a discounted season ticket for every Mean Green fan.The Economy Reserved sections are are highlighted in Blue on the Fouts Field Seating Diagram.

North Texas Letterwinner: $70

Faculty/Staff: $70

Parents of Incoming Students: $70

Recent Grad (05-10): $70

According to the Official site $90 is for general public sideline seats:

http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=1800&ATCLID=3756102

That was wierd, I guess I was thinking the same thing.

That was wierd, I guess I was thinking the same thing.

It will be interesting to see what changes for the new stadium. I'm sure some prices will go up, but will premium seating sections expand, and by what size? Now, there is a single premium section "E". However in the new stadium the upper level has an aisle right on the 50 yard line, creating two premium sections.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm probably headed up to Denton tomorrow to make my $250 donation, buy season tix in section D, and re-up on NT Exes. I can't imagine that it would be sold out or that there would be a shortage of blue passes. I remember reading somewhere on the site that 8/1 is the cutoff for all parking passes.

• Upvote 1

Unless it has changed (I never worry about any price except the one on my invoice) the package cited for ASU is only available if you buy four at that price.

The $90 price is for Sections A, B, H & I. There are no endzone season tickets.