What Do You Guys Think?

Do you guys like this stadium concept that was originally debuted in 2008 or the new stadium design we are currently building, and if possible could someone find the video of the 2005 design in the original video?

Personally I like the second design that came out in 2008, I really don't like the endzone wings section, instead they should just make more seats on the home/away side, who is going to want to sit in the top corner of the wing seats? and more importantly, is their going to be stairs on the outside of the wing section? If you had the far corner seat, how would you get down, a side-ways staircase leading to the tunnel? Doesn't sound very safe to me.

2008 Design

vnl57c.jpg

2010 Design(currently being constructed)

2dmhvrr.jpg

It doesn't really matter right now. The new design will only last a couple years since we will win 10 games this season and have a capacity crowd the majority of the time, which of course will lead to expansion of the stadium. Whatever the stadium looks like then is the one I will like the most.

But if I'm wrong, I'd have go with a hybrid of both.

Edited by NTerock

Very small thing, certainly nothing to gripe about but in the first drawing I really like the bank of lights. Much lower, built from the top of the stadium and one row running horizontal. I also like the darker brick but I realize that could be my monitor setting or other factors. I'll be happy tailgating around the new stadium and watching my Mean Green in the stadium no matter what.

Personally I'm a fan of the most recent HKS design with. The 2008 concept looks like SMU with a miniature second deck on the home side.

This concept that is being constructed is unique, functional, and gives the stadium it's own national identity by being "different" and having wings in the end zone.

The newest design has attention grabbing flair. The older design would have been a very nice place to watch a game but I think the AD is really going for HEY LOOK AT US AND OUR CRAZY ASS NEW STADIUM!!! I think its the right way to go. The first design would have gotten a 5 minute segmant from all the local news channels and a solid meh from those without ties to the school. I think there's at least some hope that people might wanna see this one.

Edited by Green P1
  • Upvote 2

Personally I'm a fan of the most recent HKS design with. The 2008 concept looks like SMU with a miniature second deck on the home side.

This concept that is being constructed is unique, functional, and gives the stadium it's own national identity by being "different" and having wings in the end zone.

My thoughts exactly.

I have never been a fan of the Wing. It looks like a poor attempt to make the stadium different and interesting. Does anyone know if there will be a section of the stadium with seats rather than bleachers? Any plans to have color to the bleachers rather than plain old silver?

I have never been a fan of the Wing. It looks like a poor attempt to make the stadium different and interesting. Does anyone know if there will be a section of the stadium with seats rather than bleachers? Any plans to have color to the bleachers rather than plain old silver?

I think the Club level is going to have seats. I would love green bleachers, but painting bleachers every single year would probably cost alot of money.

Well, the wing/tail/whatever you want to call it definitely distinguishes the stadium. However, that's the first thing every person I've shown the stadium drawings has commented on, and the comments have never been flattering. I just hope it looks better in person than it does in the drawings.