Texas To Stay In Big Xii

MeanGreen61

They committed to staying in a Big 12 made including the current 10 members, if aTm bolts to the SEC, then I bet they leave.

At this point, if the Ag's DON'T leave, then they get that "just does what big bro Texas does" label stuck on them again.

This is worse than Mexican soap operas, all the same dumb plot twists, none of the hot actresses. dry.gif

Latest Chip Brown twitter

Texas stands to make between $20 mil and $25 mil per yr under a proposed new TV pkg presented by Dan Beebe, plus UT's own network.

30 minutes ago via TweetDeck .

I'm not backing off this story about Texas willing to commit to a remodeled Big 12.

43 minutes ago via TweetDeck .

My sources say Texas is committed to coming to the table with the 10 remaining B12 schools to see if there's consensus for the Beebe plan.

about 2 hours ago via TweetDeck

They committed to staying in a Big 12 made including the current 10 members, if aTm bolts to the SEC, then I bet they leave.

At this point, if the Ag's DON'T leave, then they get that "just does what big bro Texas does" label stuck on them again.

This is worse than Mexican soap operas, all the same dumb plot twists, none of the hot actresses. dry.gif

You're right, even though I think a large factor in Austin's possible decision to "committ" to the Big whatever is the potential backlash and their perception from their "threat" to boycott ATM. ATM will still be labeled as hanging on to the coattails of big bro.

Fellas, fellas, fellas, listen...

Texas has more than a "Tech" or "Baylor" problem. The problem for Texas is that the conferences are now racially integrated and facemasks are required on all helmets. Before such, Texas ruled.

Texas A&M doesn't need Texas. Neither does Oklahoma. A bastard of an Arkansas alum has built a giant stadium in Arlington, Texas. Schools make heaps and gobs of money to go play there - even though it sucks once you are inside of it.

So, while Texas is still pretending its 1966, an A&M in the SEC could be pulling down double the jack in TV money and scheduling games in JerryArkansasGradWorld with the likes of Arkansas and LSU for even more dough.

If A&M and OU were to both jump ship on Texas, the 'Horns would reap what they deserve - the sissified Pac-10 or a very uncomfortably southern partner in the Big (and Growing) 10. OU could also fill JerryArkansasGradWorld with games against Arkansas, LSU, and A&M.

Whatever happens, it's looking more and more like Texas doesn't like the fact that the right people may not ask them to prom, so they aren't going to go. And, I say, fine...stay home where you belong, beyotch!

Reap the crappy remnants of the Big 12-2, 'Horns. You've already screwed up one conference with your political shenanigans. Sit amongst the ashes of the second, you parasitic boll weevils of insanity!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Gene Stallings wants to stay in Big XII (10)

http://www.cbssports...headlines;other

Texas still rules. (sadly)

"Texas A&M regent Gene Stallings says he wants the Big 12 to survive -- and would vote to keep the Aggies in the league if they don't get a much better offer from another conference."

Translation: If the SEC wants us, we are sooo gone.

I'm afraid this is bad news for North Texas' hopes of moving into a better conference. If the Big XII survives as ten members and the Pac-10 only adds Utah, the MWC may or may not add another school to their conference. Likewise, the WAC may be content to only replace BSU with one school, possibly Montana. That would leave North Texas' status in the SBC unchanged. I don't see the MWC adding any CUSA schools at this point because I don't see any that significantly increase the strength of the MWC and their #1 goal is to gain AQ status.

I see this as good news for UNT. As much as we have to offer with media market, facility improvements, men's BB recent success, and recent success and improvements in non-revenue sports, our football record is our black eye. The commitment is there. Our attendance is even improving yearly despite horrific seasons. I've been afraid that realignment came too soon. I like our chances more if the realignment is small with little movement and we have a couple years to try to get football back on track. The 12-18 month timelines originally set by the Big-10 could be our friend. If we can post a winning season this year and next, or even better have a break out season, then I think our stock goes up significantly. I know it is not always about records and has to do with media markets, commitment, etc. (according to ArkStFan's article), but our record right now is a huge black eye. I can't help but think with the new coaching changes, returning players and seemingly good recruiting, we have to be at that turning point. I really think we are on the verge of a good run and hoping this statement doesn't come back and bite me in the buttocks!

I'm afraid right now, we would remain where we are in the Sunbelt and there will not be any realignment for quite a while. That may not be a bad thing depending on how things shake out. Right now, the WAC is a bad option with the travel and time zone without a Boise. Our budget is stretched as it is. We need to be in a league with more Texas teams like a western CUSA. That may even be a pipe dream at this point.

• Upvote 2

What if UNT went to C-USA and we could play games every year against our rival SMU? What are you guys thoughts on that?

THE REASON why CUSA is so attractive and would love it! We're not on any AQ conference's radar. But, we have them on our schedule for most of this decade (6 years or so). However, we could play Houston, Rice, UTEP and Tulsa yearly. I could easily travel to see just about every game and so could they. Otherwise, without them in CUSA, I am not so sure about jumping ship.

THE REASON why CUSA is so attractive and would love it! We're not on any AQ conference's radar. But, we have them on our schedule for most of this decade (6 years or so). However, we could play Houston, Rice, UTEP and Tulsa yearly. I could easily travel to see just about every game and so could they. Otherwise, without them in CUSA, I am not so sure about jumping ship.

What about the WAC? Have we considered a possible move out west?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

A BETTER CONFERENCE= ONE IN WHICH WE COULD BE COMPETITIVE, UNTIL WE PROVE WE CAN DO THAT IN THE SBC, THERE IS NO BETTER CONFERENCE. FOR THE WAC TO TAKE A 1-AA SCHOOL LIKE MT, IT SHOWS THAT AT BEST THE WAC W/O BOISE IS A LATERAL MOVE AT THE VERY BEST OF SCENARIOS.WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME UNT BEAT TROY, FAU, MTSU, ETC. WHAT CONSTITUTES BETTER IF WE CAN'T INCREASE OUR ATHLETIC BUDGET TO MATCH THOSE IN THE "BETTER" CONFERENCE?

So many things wrong with this, but I get tired of repreating myself.

• Upvote 2

Only if the roadrunners and bobcats join us to form the dream Eastern Western Athletic Conf division... duh! Where have you been? Under a WACky rock?

Understood.

What are your thoughts on building the Sun Belt? As I understand it, San Antonio is a good-sized media market and the addition of UTSA could be the boost we need to legitimize the conference.

• Upvote 1

I'd prefer some sort of re-configuration of a new Southwest Conference. Do you, or anyone else, have any ideas how that could look? I'd be interested in your take.

Why not partner with SMU? I know sometimes there are some hard feelings here, but I don't get it. Why not forge ahead with the Pony's as a partner in all this?

• Upvote 1

Why not partner with SMU? I know sometimes there are some hard feelings here, but I don't get it. Why not forge ahead with the Pony's as a partner in all this?

Buy short on ice skates because if SMU (the Evil Empire) ever "partners up" with UNT on anything, it will be mighty cold here as hell will have frozen over!!!!

Understood.

What are your thoughts on building the Sun Belt? As I understand it, San Antonio is a good-sized media market and the addition of UTSA could be the boost we need to legitimize the conference.

I see what you're doing here, and I approve.

The latest news is that the Big XII is ready to add BYU and Air Force. Doesn't sound too impressive for the Big XII but, at least, it lines up a few more dominoes that UNT can, hopefully, benefit from in the end. Maybe a couple of CUSA schools can join the MWC and we'd get a CUSA spot?

if big 12 survives as a 10 school conference, its because each school will have the right to develop its own independent t.v. network, something texas wants and neither pac 10 nor sec allow. also, a 10 school conference works fine, with a round robin schedule and 3 non-conference games. plus both brown and stoops hate division championship game for conference title. i also don't think mt. west is through expanding. t.c.u. would like houston in, which opens up a spot in cusa/west. the 12th mt. west school would probably come from the usual wac suspects, although utep might be considered. if so, this is another open spot in cusa/west. my biggest fear in cusa openings is that smu will push la. tech in over us. in fact, i think they would take lamar over n.t.